Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Oktober Fest ---> Where Where We Should Be

It's finally OCTOBER!!! The sound of Halloween cheers that I've been faintly hearing for some time now is getting louder by the minute.

But it's not only that.

OKTOBER FEST is here!!!


"San Miguel Oktober Fest..
Raise your mugs this is the best!
Tayo na't magparty na
Oktober Fest na!"

That song keeps on running through my brain very often these days.

For those who don't know, San Miguel is a brand of beer, well, alcoholic drinks. And since high school, I've been wondering what goes on in this "Oktober Fest" they kept on singing about in the radio (I mean the jingle).

My idea of it is that in Boracay, where all the "cool" and "wild" and "sexy" beach bums hang out during breaks, they have these all-night parties by the sea and they give out FREE BEER! How great would that feel, partying in you bikinis/trunks/whatever drinking bottomless beer? You can do whatever you want. puke wherever you want and evevryone'll just laugh off all your mishaps because all of you are pissed as hell.

One time, our teacher asked us what we think freedom is. A lot of people said, "Boracay". Yeah, it's the place to be, tehy say. You can walk naked and no one will care because tehre prolly is someone at the other end of the shore walking naked too.

Why is this so special? Well, because here in the Philippines, people are still actually conservative. I admit that I'm one of those, but not that much. I'm trying to keep an open mind. If you go wild like that somewhere else, you'd be dubbed as sluty. Minis too short? Everything's too short.

Boracay=Freedom --> this is because Bora, as we call it, is a tourist spot so the people there are liberated aand of course, young people are abundant. No old people, more fun!

I've never been there, but I want to some time, with my friends and we'd go CRAZY!!!

BORA

1 comment:

Miss Lee said...

it's a really beautiful place, white sand, you can go snorkelling and stuff and the water is really really clear! ok, i've never been there but i saw pictures from my friends' visits. :)

IT'S SOOO COOL!

come visit some time. :)