Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dream Guy


Posted by Picasa

This is Lee Dong Wook, the lead actor in the Korean series titled "My Girl". Well, he's my current addiction. Hahaha! I don't watch Korean telenovelas actually, until I saw the preview on this one, and I got interested.

It's about this guy and girl who pretended they were cousins (or siblings, I don't know, the dubbed version said cousins, but the English subtitled one said brother and sister...so I don't know). Lee Dong Wook (Seol Gong Chan in the original version and Julian in the Filipino version) plays the executive director of an elite hotel whose grandfather, the chairman of the hotel, is dying and is searching for his long lost granddaughter. Lee Da Hae (Ju Yoo Rin in the original version and Jasmine in the Filipino dubbed version) is the daughter of a swindler who's special talent is lying. They met, and Julian decided to make Jasmine play the part of his cousin to save his grandpa from dying. You all should see it for yourselves. I did a marathon viewing of the whole series (only 16 episodes) last night, and I was crying and laughing. It's really hilarious, Lee Da Hae just cracks me up! But the drama scenes are just heartbreaking, I was crying for at least 6 hours straight. I don't know, maybe because I could relate to Jasmine's dilemma: you love the guy, but you couldn't tell him because it'll ruin everything. Well, for their case, they're supposed to be siblings; for my case... the friendship. And what's more hurtful is knowing (a little) that the guy also has feelings for you but he's pretending not to or trying to push it away (at least he had feelings for her. unlike me...no hope there!). Ok, now I'm spoiling it for everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is, it's a great show. It's extremely funny with powerful moments that'll guarantee to make you look crazy, with all that laughing and crying! I know, none of that intellectualy stimulating things, but hey, the heart is real also.

And hey, LEE DONG WOOK is there! What better reason to watch?! Hahaha! He's sooooo cute!

No comments: