Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Eragon Weekend

I actually went out last weekend. Hooray! I'm not a loser.

My friends and I went to see Eragon. Although the flick wasn't everything I expected, the experience was.

It's been a month since I last saw my friends, others even longer than that. It was so invigorating seeing their faces and laughing at their jokes again. It felt like I was back in high school. And with the torture I'm experiencing in school now, last Saturday felt like heaven on earth.

Except for the part when my shoes started killing me.

After the movie, we stayed at a McDonald's for dinner. It's a money thing. Even though gourmet that night was a tray of McRice Burger and fries, it became the most delicious dinner because of the craziness of my companions. Although at some point I was just staring blankly into space 'coz they started talking about school (there were 11 of us, only 4 of us went to different schools from the other 7). Nonetheless, that night was the best night I've had in weeks.

There was thing betting incident...

Nah, I'm not gonna tell it here. It was so funny!

So, on to the movie.

I was excited to see it 'coz it had great hype. I know, hype doesn't determine quality, but I was just curious. I think I was craving for another LOTR. But now I know that nothing can level with LOTR in that genre of movies.

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. It had the potential to really grab the audience and be grand and make our chests swell like the fight scene in LOTR:ROTK, but it came short. But it was pretty neat. Maybe it's because it's the first installment. I heard it's gonna be a trilogy. I didn't much care for the first two LOTRs, but the third just blew me away. Maybe the third Eragon will. Hopefully.

Ed Speleers, the guy who played Eragon, was pretty okay. I remember Daniel Radcliffe a.k.a. Harry Potter's first three movies. He lacked facial expression. Ed, however, was okay at it, though he also does need to improve his acting. Especially his crying. His efforts of crying really showed when the camera zoomed in on his face. It was kinda funny. But all in all, the movie was okay.

So, as much as I hate to, I really have to go work now. *Argh*

No comments: