Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Afternoon

The sky is a perfect blue color, bright against the vivid green of the trees outside. I've just woken up from a wonderfully refreshing nap. The air is calm, the last hours of sunshine seeping through my window.

It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Except for the atrocity happening in the small park in front of our house.

There is some sort of party, like a program or something. They've given a microphone to a chipmunk. And the music - the LOUD music - they're playing... That must be the soundtrack from HELL.

I ABHOR FILIPINO NOVELTY SONGS!!!!!!!!

I am not against Filipino music. On the contrary, I love Pinoy rock. We have a lot of bands with so much talent it's a shame they don't have the means to go worldwide, unlike some pesky generic boybands. But these novelty songs... The one "popular" now, Boom Tarat-Tarat, is just so f@&$^#&^ s@*$(&(@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it! I absolutely hate it! It's a stupid stupid song. They should ban songs like that because I can actually feel my IQ dropping to a negative every time I hear it. It's everywhere! There's like, no escaping it.

These songs, they say, are for the "masa", the masses. Okay, I get that. That's a huge market. But that's like, underestimating the intelligence of the masses. Sure, they are not up there when it comes to economic status, but I am sure there are a lot of intelligent people amongst them. And these people who make and sing these stupid stupid novelty songs degrade that intelligence. I mean, the songs have no meaning at all!

Meaning of importance, I mean.

There was this one some time back called Spaghetti. It was so popular especially with kids. It even has its own dance move, and adults even encourage kids to dance it on programs and stuff! My goodness! If only I could find a clip on YouTube of that dance move... It is so disgusting. It's like a move of when you're having sex. It's just awful and demeaning to have children do that. We can't blame the kids because they don't understand the lyrics and the moves. It's shrouded in that "double meaning" cover - sounds innocent, but really isn't. And they wonder why there's still child prostitution and incest and sexual abuse happening especially in impoverished communities. Because they feel the people in those communities this crap. They are not stupid. Money does not equate to brains. If we give them better quality stuff, then maybe this country wouldn't be going to the dogs.

No comments: