Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

So... It's April. The tragedy begins.

Yeah, it took me another month to muster up the energy to post again. That's how lazy I am. Well, it's summer, it's hot,and I've only got another week of pure vacation time, so I'm using that as an excuse.

Anyway, a lot has happened in the past month.

First thing, I survived the final hell week and the finals week. There were a couple casualties though, and one of them was very very dear to me.

Let's see...

So after that weird semi-poetic (would you call it that? nah. but it's my blog so...yeah.) post I did, I went on for two more weeks of sheer torture and great relief to stressful moments. First, we finished up our ad interviews and the plans for the finals. We made the atmospherics and everything. I still got paint on my butt. The presentation was good, we got a 90! AND!!! We got second place so we're gonna be on the next issue of ADOBO magazine! Yey!

What else...

S.A. was nightmarish because we didn't have enough stuff to fill the 15 pages minimum. We kinda winged it at the last day, around 3 hours before the deadline. Adrenaline sure does bring out the best in us. Or the sloppiest. Whatever.

Bea and I finished Spanish. The fiesta was better than I expected. We had a blockmate who sang and sounded so marvelous; I was stunned. I knew he could sing but I can't believe he could sing that well!

So the first casualty faded away right after our Spanish exam. It was my last finals, and I was in the mood for a mini celebration (because the S.A. paper was still unfinished) after I handed in my test paper to SeƱor Prado. But when I searched my bad for my cellphone... poof! It's gone. Again. FOR THE THIRD DANG TIME! Seriously, I felt so shi**y I wanted to kill people. But I had to move on. It's vacation.

So now I'm living off Sun Cellular. Never thought I'd appreciate it this much.

So there, a couple more days in school for some document signing and emergency reason-generating (WHY do I want to minor in Lit? Er... Hang on... *invents something up*) and total bum-days start! Saturday afternoon, Sunday and Monday were filled with nothing but sleep, food, TV (while my remote control still existed) and even more sleep. 'Twas fun.

Until the next day.

I was up Monday night doing nothing. Or was I watching movies? Whatever. All I remember was that I was chatting on YM with a friend until the wee hours of the morning. So as expected, I was on shut down mode until around noon.

I was awoken by I don't know what. I closed my eyes again. It's only like, 10Am. Too early to get up. My mom burst through my door, and I was prepared to feign sleep. Then she blurted out, "Namatay na si Dinggo kaninang madaling araw." (Translation: Dinggo (my dog) died at dawn.)

I was like, what the hell? Am I still dreaming? Then I remembered that he was sent to the vet because he'd been throwing up blood yesterday morning. Poor little baby. It was shocking. I was shocked. I was motionless for about an hour just digesting that information. I knew he was sick, but we kept on sending him back to the vet 'cause he has this hacking cough but the vet kept on saying that there was nothing wrong with him. Stupid idiot.

So I charged toward the vet, ready to yell at him 'til he dies. But I couldn't do it. It isn't in my nature to confront people. Well, I really planned on doing it. But there was someone else in the room, and it was his house (I mean, his house is beside the clinic so his family is there) so I really didn't want to make a fool of myself. And my mom warned me that I might get arrested. So. I shut up.

And seeing my dear doggie's carcass stiff, with his leg protruding from that sack - yes, a sack! Damn that vet to hell! - just shut me up. I don't cry in public, I really don't. I didn't even cry on my grandparents' funeral. But that time, I really felt the tears welling up. I stopped them before they spilled over.

If only it wasn't a crime, I would've stuck that loser of a vet into that sack and kicked him 'til he drowned in his own pool of blood.

So there. Tragic weeks.

Well, it was the Holy Week. The last four days of the week was pretty fun and relaxing and oh so full of shrimp. I don't think they knew any other seafood. Shrimp shrimp and more shrimp. Different kinds of shrimp dishes. Bubba from Forrest Gump would've been proud of us.

As the last dregs of my vacation gets siphoned off to the sunset (or sunrise, whatever), well, okay. I don't know what to say. Ha ha. I just want to do major bumming around. It's my last summer vacation! Next year, I'd have to work. The year after that, I'd have to look for a real job! Sigh. This is the last one.

I don't wanna grow up yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Except maybe to marry Randy Orton. Did I mention that he's so awfully HOT??? Yeah... He was in my dreams last night... Don't worry, it's PG-13.

No comments: