Happy Halloween!!!

Friday, September 25, 2009

It's All in Our Heads (Supernatural S5 Ep2)


I was thinking just a few moments ago about how I miss the Sam and Dean of seasons 1 & 2. I'm not saying that the intensity of their relationship has degraded; it hasn't. It's just that I miss the fun times and even though Dean is still being a smart ass, it's not the same. Of course they had to take out all the lightness. I mean, hello, they're dealing with the Apocalypse now.

The eve of separation. I will need to find a song for this.

I found this as such a melancholic image at the end of episode 2, "Good God Y'all". the surroundings is beautiful and tranquil. It's a tiny speck of peace amidst the overall chaos. My mind cannot reach the depth of love these two have for each other, which is why I also cannot fathom the hurt Dean must have felt (and is still feeling) when Sam chose Ruby over him.

In this episode, the brothers still worked together but the strain is tangible. But at least they still did their jobs properly. They really are, as Sam said, "professionals". They defeated (or merely delayed?) War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I wonder which one is next. I really liked (and am equally disturbed) by the premise of this episode: people kill each other because someone's messing with their heads. There really is no enemy. They are just made to see each other as such by some powerful man *cough cough hint hint*. Because we are so afraid, we just choose to attack and hopefully survive rather than analyze things to get the true picture. Whew.

I am glad that Ellen and Jo are back. At least there's someone else to talk to now that Bobby's all depressed in the hospital. I wonder what nerve he damaged when he stabbed himself in the stomach. Why could he not walk?

I'm eager to see the next episode just to know how they are going to deal with the brothers away from each other by choice. I'm also curious about Castiel's state. He's a fugitive of heaven. What is he exactly? 

All I'm hoping is that they tread carefully around God. I read a previous interview of Mischa Collins and he said that he thinks that they (the writers) should keep God abstract. I completely agree. This show has already reached new levels of awesomeness and I don't want it condemned as evil when it clearly battles it.

No comments: