Happy Halloween!!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Payback (WWE Hell in a Cell 2009)

It's only a fortnight away. 

Someone has to pay for that abominable decision.

I do kind of agree with another blogger who said that having more than one Hell in a Cell in one show (or in one year even) diminishes the impact of the match style. Personally, I've kind of reserved this kind of match for the Undertaker only (Kane, too, a little bit). I mean, they're supposed to be "evil" and all (which Undertaker is NOT, even though he says that he's after people's souls. Haha.) so the name fits, right?

Okay, enough of that. 

Cena vs. Orton in a Hell in a Cell match, a rematch for the WWE Championship

I did like their match at Breaking Point. I am happy for John, I really am, but I would have liked Orton to hold the title a little longer. He is a really awesome heel. And unlike the others who utter the same lines time after time (think Punk and Jericho, although Y2J doesn't bug me as much), Orton has this general villain feel that is so natural it looks effortless. It's like I can't remember a time when he wasn't a heel (when was that again?). He is becoming Edge-like, a perpetual "bad guy" who is ultimately effective he can't be anything else. But the great thing about Orton is that he is not really a villain. He is more like an anti-hero. He saves us from too much John Cena (lol. I still *heart* Cena, mind you).  

I'd really like to see what these two will come up with inside that huge structure.

DX vs. Legacy in a Hell in a Cell match

Although I hated seeing a legend tap out to newbies, I think it's great that Ted and Cody have finally extracted themselves from Randy Orton's shadow. I really think these two guys are talented. I mean, it's in their blood!

As for this match, well... I don't know what they're gonna do. If Legacy loses, then that historic win would have been for naught. If DX loses, then their "toughest tag team" reputation, which was deteriorated by the first tap out, would be completely ruined. All I can think of as a decent outcome is a disqualification for outside interference or something. Wait, they'll be in a cell. What the heck. Just make the cell collapse then.

Punk vs. The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship (right?)

It is totally impossible for Punk to win this unless Teddy Long helps him out again. Oooh, I wonder if Taker has a new submission move?

I know they're trying to build Punk up. I do think they were successful in doing that during the Jeff era, but come one, pit him against the Undertaker? Seriously?

Since Batista will now be working Friday nights, he might take Taker out of Punk's hands. Better yet, have him feud against some new guy. Wait, Jack Swagger's in Raw, right? That would've been a good match. Swagger's talented and they're about the same size. I doubt it'd be Morisson since he's still got that pest Ziggler to deal with (teach him how to impromptu; have Edge do it while he's recuperating). Who else... Y2J and Big Show have Mark Henry and MVP. Mike Knox? Finlay? Ooh, that dude Drew McIntyre? But he's already got R-Truth. Well, Matt Hardy's available. He's more of Punk's match than Batista's but he does need building up so why not?


16 days to go...

No comments: