Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I Found A PC Here...

Okay, I'm currently in Shanghai, China right now. I've made out a list of pros and cons of being here.

PROS

  1. The weather is wonderful. Well, it's a bit rainy but heck, I'd take any weather that's a couple of degrees cooler than Manila this time of year.
  2. I get to explore another country. I swear, hearing and reading the names of the places where we're at or where we're going brings back memories... memories of Chinese tests.
  3. Our tour guide is wonderful. (Ann, naghahanap ako ng cute na bellboy dito!Bakit wala?) He's not old and grumpy and although his English is less than perfect, at least he knows how to speak the language!
  4. There's a PC in the hotel room! And I checked, before anything else, if there's extra charges for the internet connections. I quote the brochure, "Extra expense would not be charged for the computer." I take it that the internet connection is FREE. If I'm wrong... then... Poor daddy.
  5. There's HBO on TV.

CONS

  1. People don't speak that much English. I mean, hello, they've become a thriving community but their economy and technology developed earlier than their society. Looking for hospitality? Hmm... Not the place to look.
  2. I've not seen any 7-11 here at all. There's only a couple of bottles of water left here, and I'm getting dehydrated. I'm missing our water dispenser at home.
  3. There's ONLY HBO on tv that I can understand. It comes with Chinese subtitles! Like I need it. I hate this tv. There's like, a thousand CCTV and only one English-speaking channel. WEHRE'S STAR WORLD?! Oh Bo, please wait for me to get back to American Idol-watching civilization before you go...
  4. I have to share a bathroom with two other people. Okay, they're my parents, but please, there's only ONE bathroom. They should have a law stating that each person should have his/her own personal bathroom. Fine. Fine. Get another room? Not that rich. My sacrifices for the sake of experience.

i don't know, there's just something about this place... I wanna go home already at the same time I wanna stay. What will it be? Of course I'll stay. I have no choice! The money's gone! Argh! I gotta go, it's my turn on the bathroom. I miss my bathroom at home.

No comments: