Happy Halloween!!!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

I'm Addicted

Didn't you notice? I'm back to being addicted to blogging right now after a month of being inactive. Even though I'm really cold now, still, nothing can stop me from blogging all my latest escapades here in China! First off, we have my observations.

Fastfood Chains: Current count
McDonald's - 3
Pizza Hut - 3
Starbucks Coffee - 3
KFC - 4

I'm not really sure if Pizza Hut is a fastfood chain and of course Starbucks is a cafe, but what I mean is, these are restaurants I recognize. Get me? Hope so. Oh, and I saw Giordano, lots of Giordano stores.

Haven't spotted any 7-11 yet.

Today, we went to Suzhou. As the guide said, it's "yesterday's China". We saw people riding bikes. It doesn't sound unusual so let me explain it. They have this special lane on the road for the bikers, and there were LOTS of bikers. Their bikes have these basket thingy at the front, and some of the bikes are able to ride 2 persons. I saw mothers with their children riding at the back of their bikes. There were girls in mini skirts pedaling away! I mean, hello, they're not even wearing cycling shorts or anything! (naintriga na ba mga lalaki jan?) There were also businessmen in suits biking. How weird could that be? Only in China.

We went to a temple, I forgot the name, let me ask Mum later. We lit (actually, Mum n Dad did) 2 huge candles and stick them on nails at the "candle center" (dunno what it's called). Then we lit like, bundles of incense and the pai pai over the whatchamacallit. And then we went on, my mum and dad prayed and worshipped the several Buddahs and stuff; I stayed outside and photographed stuff, and the guide was also lurking outside and so he talked to me half in English half in Chinese. I didn't understand him when he spoke Chinese (I have limited Chinese vocabulary, you see) and when I spoke in English, he didn't quite get me because he had limited English vocabulary. So there, that's settled. I'm applying for and English teacher job here. I saw a place called SHANE English School awhile ago. Maybe I could apply there.

We went to Lion Garden, I think that's the name. There were stones that are naturally shaped like lions. The guide said that it was built by emperors a long time ago and the workers are only allowed to bring lion-shaped rocks into that garden. Then we went to another garden of which name I've also forgotten. I have a very very very short memory span, but it's just of those I'm not that interested in or those which I choose to forget on purpose. Hehehe! But the garden I'm talking about right now is very beautiful. It has lots of flowers, my idea of a garden. Then we fed gigantic goldfishes! I have footage of those very hungry fishes with their mouths agape and all. When I get home, be ready for a photofest. I ran around and photographed things. How pathetic am I? nah, I'm just an aspiring photographer.

Ok, I'm officially babbling now. Me and my dad have just been to Pizza hut. Yey! I actually read a menu without translation from my dad. Haha! We had dessert and a couple of shrimp. It's cold outside. It won't be long until I'm freezing. I have to get to bed now 'coz I gotta wake up early for bathtime and laundry time. Yes, I have to wash my clothes. Good night and more tomorrow!

No comments: