Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, May 16, 2005

Tired to my Bones

Hay... I'm soo soo tired. This computer has this thing called "Hard Disk Protection" software that doesn't allow anybody to save anything in Drive C. So whenever I download the Yahoo Messenger, it gets erased whenever I turn off the PC. Now, I'm too lazy to download it all over again. Never mind. Maybe tomorrow.

It was an exciting day. We left the hotel by 9:30, accompanied by the usual driver and the uber talkative tour guide. I hate him. Well, not really. When the day started, he was okay. Then he started laughing at me because I happened to like Harry Potter and Snoopy. He says I'm like a ten-year-old child. He said I'm a child. Well, technically, I still am a child because I'm not 18 yet, but come on! I've said this a million times and I'll say it again, HARRY POTTER IS NOT ONLY FOR CHILDREN, IT'S ALSO FOR ADULT! THAT'S WHY THEY PRINTED ADULT VERSIONS OF THE BOOKS! Just look at the damn blinkie at the sidebar.

I didn't say that to him because he'll probably not understand. As it is, we already have a hard time communicating both in English and Chinese. Minsan nga eh, sa sobrang frustration ko eh natatagalog ko na siya! Then he started calling me Stephanie Potter (hmm...not bad). I hate hate hate him. I mean, hello, he's only 23! Does't he like anything that's a bit childish? I know people way way older than him who likes HP and Snoopy! Maybe it's just their way here in China. I hate him for it.

Then we got this foot massage. It was supposed to be relaxing, and I'm not really looking forward to it because I didn't want anybody besides me touching my feet. There was a long long lecture before it started aout how the Chinese value health very much and how our feet are second to our heart and how the SARS epidemic went through here. Then the massage troupe came in. I was shocked when I learned a guy was going to massage my feet. Eugh. I mean, yeah, he's kinda cute but, EUGH. No one touches my feet but me. Oh well, couldn't do anything about it, could I? So I just sat there, flinching as he injured my feet. To tell you the truth, my feet felt a lot better before the massage. Then this freakishly talkative and ultimately antipatiko doctor who calls himself a scientist came in, started talking to my dad in Fukien as if they were long lost buddies and all he could say when he looked at me was that I'm fat. Maybe his motto is "Flattery gets you nowhere", if you know what I mean.

Then he started speed-talking in Fukien to my dad which I didn't listen to because it's hard for my brain to translate the information. But I pretended to listen because I didn't want to look at the guy massaging my feet because I'm so so embarrassed, I don't know why. Then my dad got into this jumble with the doctor and the cashier and his credit card. You see, the doc didn't tell my dad the price of the box of medicines, but he didn't ask in the first place. But then the doc should've said something. If I'm selling a bnch of medicine that cost as much as 30,000 yuan, I'd inform my client of the amount he/she is about to pay. BUT NO. Hey, everybody wants easy money right? Then my mum got mad so she asked the girl massaging her to stop but the guy continued to torture me. Then all of them got up and left and then there was this whole episode of my dad and the cashier and the doc with the lecture lady arguing about the credit card bill. Then to the rescue, our tour guide. He probably wonder what the heck was taking us so long so he went up. He knelt beside my mum and asked what's going on and my mum instantly rushed into this angry speed-English. I just stood there, half amused, half mad at the whole situation. So me and my mum just went to the washroom, which I didn't enter when I saw that their toilet bowls were again plastered on the floor. Squat? Me? No. (But I eventually had to when I couldn't help it anymore)

Then Mum and I got settled in the car. Dad and tour guide were still upstairs doing who knows what. Then the driver started talking to me in Mandarin and all I could say is "Yes". Hahaha! And he really thought I understood him! I can be an actress. Then all things got settled. Mr. Tour Guide got the money back for my dad. Right then, my hate for him ebbed away a bit. He still calls me a child, you know.

When we got to the jade museum (the guide there said that Gloria Arroyo and Lucio Tan bought some stuff there which were really really really expensive. Kaya naghihirap ang Pinas), I found out that he was really an ok guy. We were joking around trying to steal the glow in the dark globe thing. It's worth like, 10,000 pesos here or more. I really liked it! Pity I left my bag in the car...

Ok, that's all for now. For the last part, I bring you the current count of the fastfoods.

McDonald's -- 6
KFC -- 5
Starbucks -- 5 (I think)
Pizza Hut -- same as the previous count
*new* Mister Donut -- 1
*new* Hagen Daaz -- 2

No comments: