Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Year Ago...

As I was about to close my eyes last night, I did my routine last check on my cellphone, see if anyone wanted to say goodnight...(hmm, may hinihintay....yihee! c mysh lang. hahaha!) I was glad to see that at least one person remembered me tonight. I thought it was just the same old corny (but funny) jokes, but it was not. I stopped and took in the message.

"One year ago na yung retreat natin. Remember, August 3? I miss you guys."

Those weren't the exact words, but it brought back that nostalgic feeling again. I couldn't believe it. Our retreat, our beloved retreat. That was already a year ago? I kind of felt guilty that I forgot the date. Time's passing by so fast; everything's a blur. I'm already 18, but I still forget. Hehehehe! Anyway, yeah. It didn't really sink in last night, because I was already very sleepy.

Around 9 am awhile ago, free cut in Filipino! So as always, I went to the library to do math. After solving a few problems, my mind drifted away to that message from last night. The same feeling swept over me, and I couldn't go on manipulating the numbers in front of me. I took out my mobile phone. I needed to remind everyone as Mysh did. I needed to know if they felt the same way, that I wasn't the only one looking really dumb, sitting in the library, Math book in front of me, crying my eyes out. Ok, I exaggerated that. But I got really misty-eyed. So I texted the 4-A people. A couple of replies later, well, it didn't exactly make me feel better. They made me miss them even more. But I was happy. They did remember, and even though some only replied something like, "Yah.", I knew that later on today, when they're alone and everything is quiet, they'll remember those three wonderful days of bonding and reflection. May konting drama pa at the start, remember guys? :)

Flashback, August 4, 2004...around this time...

It's dinner time! Everyone's tired already, we just finished out diad part 2. Yep, ghost hunting later, guys. Don't forget the flashlights! What's for dinner? Kim, special meal again? Ok, ako na kakain ng brocolli mo. Walang tulugan mamaya ah! Anu ba yan, picture picture nanaman! I left my camera upstairs again. Too lazy to get it. Makikipicture nalang ako, parecopy nalang ha. Oi ha parecopy ha! Sa amin ka nalang magpadevelope hehe may discount ka! Uy Kim, kainin na natin yun KFC sa taas baka langgamin. Pajama daw tayo lahat mamaya. Pajama party! Shet, may dala ba akong matinong pajama?!?!?! Nasan na si Sarah? Ayun. Porman, tama na kain. Last night na natin 'to ha walang tulugan! Kwentuhan nalang tayo. Oi, wag kayong mang-iwan nakakatakot sa stairs ang dilim dilim! Sige, bihis lang kami, kita tayo maya!

1 comment:

mysh said...

parang ang laki ng kasalanan ko sayo a... love ya mama tep! :D miss ya so much! sana retreat ulit tayo... 4a lang ulit! :D