Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Just a Night

Tonight is just...tonight.

This afternoon, my brother and I went to 168 Mall. I was supposed to do my Christmas shopping (early, huh?) but ended up buying a ton of DVDs. Well, I had the money... and I didn't know what to get my friends...

What do you give someone who has everything?

But I had my eye on some cute bags there. Maybe they'll like those... And Spongebob stuff so... I'll go back there. Yeah, and I have to earn back what I wasted on DVDs. Hehehe. Bought 3 Linkin Park DVDs, so yeah, I don't know. I'll watch them some time this month.

My Internet Explorer is acting weird. The fonts are humongous.

So after we went home, we went to the hospital to see my grandmother. She looked peaceful, but not better. Please, pray for her with me.

I just fell asleep in the waiting area. I was so sleepy.

Then we went home, and my brother and I watched House of Wax (one of the DVDs we bought). It was.........okay. The only scary thing there was one part when Paris Hilton opened up the lamp and this freak guy who looked like Snape got a sudden close up. That was it. The other scenes were...ho-hum okay. The peeling skin exposing raw flesh was disgusting, though. There were lots of disgusting scenes.

We watched it while eating Jollibee. Kudos to 24-hour delivery!

So now, my brother had to go study. He has midterms tomorrow. I'm left with no one to talk worthless stuff about.

Would you believe, a couple of nights ago, we stayed up until 4 am categorizing people using the teams in the movie The Longest Yard? Boy, if you haven't seen that, you've missed 3/4 of your life! Go see it, or buy a DVD, to get what I'm talking about.

Still, it was a worthless but FUN conversation.

I love my brother for always decreasing my IQ when I talk to him.

So now, I'm bored. And sleepy. But more of bored. I opened up Princess Diaries Volume VI last night, and I got bored after a few pages. I guess I'm not in a royal mood right now. Heehee. That was lame. So I extracted my copy of HP and the HBP from my bedside cabinet. I've planned on rereading it when sembreak comes, and here sembreak is at last.

You always notice something new when rereading books, especially HP books. Now I noticed on page 2, the story was going on about the Muggle Prime Minister getting blamed for all the disasters happening around, which was obviously out of their control. There's this passage that caught my attention:

"Or that the government should have somehow foreseen the freak hurricane in the West Country that had caused so much damage to both people and property?"

Doesn't it sound like Hurricane Katrina? I mean, okay, I'm not implying or saying anything about JKR being psychic or whatever, that's just ridiculous. It's just a coincidence. But it's a really, well, freaky coincidence... Hurricane Katrina is a freak hurricane and destroyed people and property, right? And USA is a western country... And I also heard in the news that Bush got blamed for what happened, that he didn't do enough whatever to help or something...

Isn't it weird?

So now, I'm going back to rereading this. I'm gonna extract all the clues to Book 7 that I can.

Next, I'll be discussing about DREAMS...

P.S. I feel like I'm some sort of daily dose of reading for you guys... Haha!

No comments: