Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dreams

As promised!

As you all know, I spend most of my time sleeping. (Although stats says that we spend 1/6 of our life asleep, I think I spent 1/2 of mine) In the rare ocassion that I'm awake, I did a little research about the world I where I trudge around in my sleep.

Dreamland. (corny!)

I'm often in dreamland. And historically, dreams are thought of as some kind of clue to the future. Remember David from the Bible? Or was that someone else? Anyway, whoever that was, his dreams were "prophetic", like, he foresaw the future while he was asleep.

Another thing is, it is said that dreams are manifestations of our deep deep deepest desires, maybe we don't even know of them. So dreams are like tools for us to better know ourselves.

That's why dreams are really fascinating.

We dream every night. We may not always remember them, because we go through 4 stages of sleep, but we do dream each and every night when we sleep.

The 1st stage of sleep is the REM stage. This is where the dreams occur. The next 3 levels are NREM stages, where we go from light sleep to deep sleep. And then we go back to the first one. It's a cycle. To know more about dreams, visit THIS wonderful website where I got these infos from.

So anyway, why I'm so interested with dreams is because I can remember most of my dreams. It's said that we dream an average of 4-7 times a night, and I remember most of those. Not really the complete dream, but most of it, or sometimes only snippets, but later into the day, I'll see something that'll trigger my memory to remember the dream.

Like awhile ago, I knew I had a dream, but I can't remember what. And then I picked my brother's cellpgone up, and I remembered. I dreamt that I was somewhere where there are mountains everywhere and a lake in the middle of the land. And it was nighttime. Because I'm so fascinated with the night sky, the moon and stars especially, I dreamt that there was some kind of silent explosion in the sky that made the stars from lightyears away very very clear even with the naked eye. So I took my brother's cellphone and photographed the sky.

So there. The cellphone. I won't tell the whole dream because it's really crazy and jumbled up! My friend even gave me a dreamcatcher which i hung by my headboard. I used to have these horrible dreams about dinosaurs, dead people, psycho killers and all that creepy stuff. I've become accustomed to them, but they creep the heck out of my friends when I tell my dreams to them. So one of them gave me the dreamcatcher. It kinda worked; my dreams became senseless. It's like, the scary stuff are strained out of the dream that the remaining parts were just nonesense.But that's okay! :)

I'm trying to find meaning in my dreams. The other day I dreamt about me and my friend running around, really anxious because we're supposed to be looking for something for the contest we joined. When I woke up, I looked in a dream dictionary and it said that when you see a friend in your dream distressed, it means that s/he has some kind of problem or something. Later that day, that friend I dreamt of IMed me and told me she's got a prob. Not really a serious one...but still...

So, I gotta go now, more later! :)

2 comments:

Raein said...

cool! hahaha! i remember as a child, i'd write my dreams in my journal everyday. journal as in notebook. XD and then, before i go to sleep, pray pa nga ako na sna mgkaroon ako ng dream e! kids! ^_^; haha!

Miss Lee said...

ey tiff! tapos na ba exams? ako sinusulat ko dati sa diary ko hehehe! ngayon i'm thinking of keeping a dream journal nga eh... not easy, pero try, parang fun! hehehe!