Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Better Days

Yep, there's always the r a i n b o w after the rain.

From being totally down on the dirt from the last post, I'm actually quite happy today! I hope it goes on throughout the day though.

But anyway, why am I happy? First of all...HP GoF is 6 days away!!! And I've got reservations! Not premiers though, but heck, it's still on the 16th so it'll still be the opening day. If only I could cut classes.

What really made me happy was... Yesterday, during enrollment, I ran into G. Javs in the line to the cashier. He was going to DLSU after, to be with the guys during U-break. I thought I had doctor's appointment, so I said I'll just drop by with him for a quick chat. And so after rushing to the ID validation, we traversed the long long distance from Katips to Taft. Around 1:17pm, G and I got off the car and precariously crossed the busy street of Taft to Munch Gulp, where my long-time-no-see friends were hanging out.

Ah, it was like heaven seeing them for the first time in months. Yep, that's right. MONTHS. Before, we're already withered with grief when we don't see each other for a few days or weeks. Now, yeah, months. I hope it doesn't turn to years! So there, shrill sounds of excitement escaped from us when we got together. We hugged, chatted and of course, took pics! There were a lot of things to catch up on, but we didn't get to because others had to leave early for class and stuff. So we went forth to what's-it's-name, a "hang out place" for them during extended break times. We got beer! Yeah! At 2pm! G and I even forgot that we haven't eaten anything yet and we had beer. Well, a couple of sips only. No harm done!

The most fun part was when we did karaoke!!! Singing along to beautiful songs with bad musical arrangements is so much fun. First of all, nobody cares if you suck because it's too noisy to point out which one was doing the song justice and which one was like fingernails on a chalkboard. I had loads of fun! In my school, when I had 2-hour breaks, I slept in the library. There's nothing to do on campus except rot infront of a computer. Off campus, well, that's another world. It's like, miles away. We need to ride a trike to get to McDo or Jabbee. If you walk, it's like having your week's workout needs done in a day.

So I say, it's more fun in Taft. The people who matter are there. Yeah I know that it's also good to make new friends. I mean, I do have new friends now, and it's nice. But for me, knowing a lot of people have its perks, like for connection and popularity purposes. But who needs a lot of people that will only be mere faces afterwards, when you have the handful of people that can be your everything for a whole lifetime?

No comments: