Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Cellphone Superhero

I have had one goal since I ever set a goal for myself: I was going to be a writer, just like J.K. Rowling. I've never thought that it would change drastically someday.

Of all the sky-diving, crime-busting, cape-wearing (ok, some of them), power-lifting superheroes I've seen (this includes Mang Jose of Parokya Ni Edgar, and ok, not realy seen, more like watched in the movies and read about), Superman is, so far, the one I admire the most. Why? Well, I guess it's because he's the "Man of Steel". Doesn't get afftected by bullets or bombs and bends knives when driven to him. He's also good-looking (based on the guys that played him, Christopher Reeves and Tom Welling... and that new guy in the new Superman movie). And of course, as all superheroes, he has a weakness. Kryptonite.But I must say, the one with greater effect on him is... love. May it be Lana or Lois or his parents, love seizes Clark Kent wherever, whenever, and undeniably gets him in trouble from time to time...as far as Smallville goes. I have yet to watch all four of the Superman movies and read the comic books.

My brother and I have this epic mega-hit movie (yeah right) brewing. All superheroes go head to head. We have this theory that the Men In Black will eventually emerged as the over-all victors. Technically, they're superheroes too, because they save the world from aliens. So, we think that Superman can take all of the superheroes (yeah, you heard me, throw in everything you've got, nuclear bombs and bird flu!) but when he faces MIB, with him being a Krypton native, making him an alien, he's lose. 'Coz, you know, MIB can concoct this Kryptonite -nfused laser beam or something to put into their guns and suck Superman into oblivion. Or make him go KABOOM or something.

But anyway. We're not talking about that. We're still in production. The promotion will take place a kazillion years from today. Stay tuned!

So anyway, the connection between my Personal Legend and superheroes. As can be found below, I recently lost my mobile phone, a.k.a. my cellphone. My older one, the one I lived with every fiber of my being, got stolen a year ago. Devastating. Last night, a dear friend of mine called. As I listened to the hysteria in her voice as she stuttered her teary account of the event, my heart broke into a million pieces, but at the same time, hardened worse thatn a diamond. (yes, I AM exaggerating) Her Samsung Sun phone was stolen in a supermarket. I helped her call the Sun Hotline but the operator lady told me she had to call her herself blah. But I know the feeling. Oh yes I do. Losing your cellphone, no matter how old or new or cheap or expensive it is, hurts. It left a hole in me the first time. The second time, it became a canyon.

As the saying goes, "What happens once will never happen again. What happens twice will surely hapen for a third time." So I prepared myself.

Now, I am dedicationg my life to becoming the first ever Cellphone Superhero. I will kick the crap out of cellphone thieves and hang upside down the people who find cellphones and don't return them to the owners. Or at least try to return them. I will finally bring about justice to those who have been deprived of their cellphones' company and services.

So watch out cellphone thieves! I'm coming!

P.S. Anyone got a good name for a superhero? I haven't decided on anything yet.

No comments: