Happy Halloween!!!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Hidden Girly-girl Side

The blessing of suspension of classes was bestowed upon us, college students. (and also for tomorrow...well, it's already the 25th so yeah, later we don't have classes either)

I went to Shangrila mall to shop because the whole place is at sale mode. I was really excited to go to MNG for the 70% off, and there really are 70% off items, but also, 70% of the shop's stock had gone, too. Being on the big side, I didn't find anything that fit me.

I went to M&S 'coz my brother asked me to buy him a belt. I did. As I was walking out, I saw the shoe rack and decided to poke around. I was surprised that they had my size (a 10, size 41 euro, 7 1/2 uk). They were black pumps, and I really really need/want black pumps now ;coz my old one is so battered it's embarrassing to wear. They fit nicely. I also found an open-toed one. It was oh so lovely and looks great on my chubby feet. They made them look sexy. I was dying to swipe them but they cost 3,500 pesos. That's like, almost a month's allowance. I had to drag myself away from the shop. I sooo want to get those sexy shoes.

So I went to search for the big-sized stores. Faro was gone from it's place. I 'm not sure if they moved to another floor or something, I didn't check the second one, I think. But Tubby was still there. It's my home (I am hoping to be the model. I mean, come on, aren't I fat enough?!) so I went in, my worries comforted because I'm sure they'd cater to my needs.

How wrong I was.

I really need pants because everything I own now are falling off when I walk in them. I prefer denims because they're more durable and amiable with other clothing. But all the denims they had were in Small and XXXL. I'm somewhere between XL and XXL. They didn't have any left. Grr! So I found these really cute pink pair, corduroy, I think? I don't really wear that sort of fabric but hey, I welcome new things. The fitting sucked. So I just bought this cute shirt that says "Drama Queen" in front. Thinking back now, I shouldn't have bought it 'coz I don't really need it and I'm paying for the swipes on the card. Argh. All my birthday money will be gone in a blink of an eye.

I passed by shoe shops and decided to drop in and look around in one of them. Really really cute shoes. I've been wanting flats for so long but I never found ones that fit. I get tired of wearing the same old flip flops and my good ol' Chucks to school. It's time for change. And besides, flats look uber cute on capris. I tried several on, but nothing worked. All I got were throbbing feet. Then I went to this next shoe store named Pretty Fit. I wasn't seriously considering buying one, just snooping around. I saw this pair of purple flats that's size 41. Yipee! I decided to look for styles I liked, thinking that they'd have it in 41. And they're 70% off! But almost all of the shoes displayed are last pairs, so I got the purple ones and a baby blue pair with a bow on top. They weren't really the ones that caught my eye, but now, looking at them lying neatly on my floor, I'm thankful that I bought them.

New shoes!!! And both of them only cost 1,400 pesos! Hello! Great buy!

And so I called the driver to bring me home. I had to wait a bit, so I walked on and saw this high-end department store section. They were on sale, too, so I looked around. I found a great pair of capris and went to fit them. The salesperson handed me a couple more pairs of capris on sale. I thought they were the same kind but no. The one I got fit me snuggly and really showed off my curves. I actually looked like a girl. The ones on sale were really loose and baggy but okay. I'm so frustrated because the one I got cost 2,100 pesos, and the ones on sale were only 1,300. Why did they have to cost less and look worse?!?!?!

I am still frustrated about that until now.

I am so going back there...okay, maybe not, because I'll not have the money, ever.

Way to go, self-control.

No comments: