Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

HP+Theo

Theo class ended only ten minutes ago. Yes, I got a hold of a computer right away.

I wasn't really paying attention to his explanations. I was too busy brooding over the quiz we just had. It was open notes, and I only got 4 out of 5. The answer to the last question was right at my face but I still didn't get it! How pathetic am I?! I'm actually flunking that subject, and I'm hating myself for it. Kahit D man lang... Shemay talaga!!! ARGH!!!

Anyway, ayoko nang problemahin yan. Baka mapatay ko lang sarili ko. I computed, and 69.8 ang labas. Leche.

The only thing that caught my attention of his long rambling was this sentence: "If you were asked to pick a power in the world, the best one to pick is the power of love."

The power of love...

Yes, it's the title of a song, but I'm not gonna talk about that. (I don't really like the song very much)

If you read Harry Potter, or even bothered to go see the movies, this line would be very familiar. In the fifth book, they were talking about a room in the Department of Mysteries which had a locked door that couldn't be picked. It was said that within that room lies the greatest "weapon" of all. Tying it up with the prophecy:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... born to
those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... and the
Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows
not ... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while
the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be
born as the seventh month dies ..."



The "power the Dark Lord knows not" refers to - what else - LOVE. As Dumbledore have so many times said to Harry, this is what protected him from Voldy that day his parents got murdered. It's what kept him safe all these years, kept him from being possessed too long, and this will eventually be the greatest power he will have over Voldemort.

What's the point of me saying this? Well, for all those losers out there who say that Harry Potter is satanic and evil... IN YOUR FACE. HP books revolve around LOVE. We are saved because of Jesus' LOVE, that's why He died for us. Now how can you say that HP is evil???

My advice: Read the books and take Theo 121.

No comments: