Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, September 18, 2006

LSS--> Last Show Syndrome

Ah...the cool airconditioned atmosphere of the library is very soothing after being exposed to scorching heat all day. I feel so sticky, and with my current semi-depressed state plus the horrible quiz results (although they're better than the previous ones), this is indeed a bad day. And I have to stay until 6pm for some NSTP spiritual thingy.

Now, to take my mind off how sucky this day is, I'm going to talk about my current addictions.

I've downloaded several TV series (hooorah!) and they laid stuck in my hard drive for some days. One boring I-forgot what-day-it-was day, I decided to start watching Supernatural. I absolutely am fascinated by this show when I first saw its trailer in AXN, but I wasn't able to keep track of it regularly because I didn't know the showing schedule. So I downloaded it. So then, I watched it.

It was GRRRRRREAAATTT!!!!!!!!!

Well, except for a couple of sucky episodes, it was great. I was hooked! I watched it until the wee hours of the morning. It's about these two brothers whose mom got killed by some paranormal monster. She died, stuck on the ceiling, her belly bloody, and she burst into flames. Now, after that incident, Sam and Dean Winchester's dad got caught up in hunting for the monster that killed his wife. The boys grew up to be hunters. Dean, the older brother, stayed with his dad, while Sam, faught with his dad often and eventually went his own way to college. So one day, their dad went on a hunting trip and didn't come back for days. Dean went to get Sam, but he refused to come with. After his girlfriend got barbecued the same way as his mother, he agreed to go.

So there, that's where everythign began. They met murderous shadows, killer ghosts, Tibetan thought forms and crazy people. It was great, funny at times. They're the cutest brothers I've ever seen (haha!), some of the scenes gay-ish at times. But still, they're hot. Dean is indeed handsome, but I find Sam's college boy look and attitude more endearing. Which brings me to the introdction of my first obssesion:

JARED PADALECKI a.k.a. Sam Winchester



He was also in Gilmore Girls and House of Wax, the one with Paris Hilton (I didn't know who he was then, but I thought he was cute. Pity he died a minute into the film)

I consumed the whole first season of Supernatural in less than a week (I think maybe three days?). A couple of days after, I had to watch something. TV got boring. So I chose to see House M.D. I first saw this show way back, I think a year ago, I don't remember exactly. I didn't like it then. I've read a lot of good reviews though, and heard of the show winning some awards. I guess I didn't really watch. But then a few weeks ago, I saw an episode where they were treating a 9 year old girl with terminal cancer. This really cute doctor (whom I didn't see before) was preping her fo MRI, and then the kid said that she haven't been kissed by a boy before, and was afraid that she'd never be able to with her condition. Dr. Chase (the cute doc) refused when she asked him to kiss her. He was initially unmoved by her condition, but right then and there, I guess he kind of softened up. He gave her a kiss. (I wish I was her!!!!!!!!!!!! Minus the cancer and other illnesses!) Ok, so that's not the whole reason why I watch the show. Dr. House (hence the title) is a terrific doctor. Head of the diagnostic department, he is an insufferable, pompous ass with sarcasm as his first language. But I can't deny that he is brilliant, absolutely brilliant! He's so intelligent and stubborn. His colleagues are outraged by his crazy calls but in the end, he always turns out right. I have the last episode of season 2 to watch later and I'm really really sad because I have to wait again for succeeding episodes. House actually got me thinking about going to med school! But I have to think about that. I have 2 years. Haha!

And so, the most adorable doctor I've seen, who I'd willingly get sick for in order to just get examined by is...

JESSE SPENCER a.k.a. Dr. Robert Chase


His name is so familiar. I know I've seen it somewhere before, I just don't know where. He's in Neighbors, the Aussie show (he is Aussie; I thought he was Brit). And then I read that he's the guy in Uptown Girl, the boyfriend of Brittany Murphy's character there. Ok. So that's where I saw him. He was so cute there, the character I didn't like much, but he was so cute there. I like him better as a doctor. :)

So now, I've killed an hour. Time for the spiritual thingy!

No comments: