Happy Halloween!!!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

I was excited for today.

It's October, it's Friday, and it's the 13th.

Soooo Halloween-y!!!

I wasn't really on guard, waiting for something tragic to happen. I don't know, I just love Friday the 13th's. Okay, I admit that I am waiting for something to happen, but not something unfortunate. Just...something. At least something worth blogging about!

Well..nothing happened. It was just an ordinary day, really. I don't wanna talk about my Theo results. They were better than I expected, but doomsday is yet to come. Plant-buddy and I were about to slash our wrists with the handles of our hand fans after looking at the results. What a piece of...paper. Such a powerful tool, that piece of paper. It could bring tears of joy for those who got a 4.0 (yes, you, the one reading this and smiling because you know you're one of them) and push suicidal people to the edge, or at least, have mentally stable people develop a disorder, or at the very very least, call your prof a prick in his face. Hee-hee.

Still, the supposedly unlucky day remained...quite boring. We talked about the two major projects left to do, which we already settled. Good. And then off I go to review for the finals. Well, actually to get some sleep, which I am not getting right now because I'm typing over here.

I was supposed to post something interesting for the special day. I had developed this theory of ghosts...but I read an article about bioenergetics awhile ago and it confused me. I have to do further research because my theory sounds really stupid right now.

So before you leave and think that you wasted five minutes of your time and some brainpower on a useless post, at least let me "entertain" you with these trivia about Friday the 13th, or at least something pertaining to the "unluckiness" of the number 13, which is my favorite number.

  • There are 13 steps leading to the gallows.
  • On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.
  • paraskavedekatriaphobia - fear of Friday the 13th
Check out these links to read more about this special day. :)

Cosmic Society
Snopes.com
Superstitions

No comments: