Happy Halloween!!!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Hey, at last! The day I've been waiting for has come!

It's a HUGE let down though. Trick or treating isn't really practiced in this country, which sucks a lot. Only residents of elite villages do that because:

1.) It's safe to go house to house there due to tight security - they're millionaires for goodness' sake, they need that much security

2.) They have the money to buy lotsa candies and make costumes and decorations.

Living in a third world country sucks, and not celebrating Halloween is one of the biggest reasons for me. We celebrate November 1st more, All Saints Day. It's when we visit our dead in the cemeteries. I'm not really sure if other countries celebrate All Saints Day as much as we Filipinos do.

Of course, there's an up side. Tv shows doing specials on supernatural/paranormal stuff and all. But they're not that good. I don't know, things were a lot scarier when I was younger. There aren't much specials nowadays. It's like they've ran out of ghost stories to tell. I miss the Magandang Gabi Bayan days when Noli de Castro (presently our Vice Pesident) is the host and he stands there with a foggy cemetery as a background as he tells these true-to-life encounters of people with the paranormal. Although the reenactments were so obviously fake (the ghosts and stuff), it still has this impact on me. Now it's gone, and no other shows can take its place (I've watched every show doing a Halloween special. They all suck. One came close, but still not close enough.)

All they're showing right now are the usual local soaps and reality shows. I couldn't care less about what's happening with Pinoy Dream Academy and whatever else they're showing. I hate it. That's why I downloaded lots of scary movies. At least they'll squeeze out a scream or two from me.

Anyway, Saw is on Star Movies now. And Cinema One is showing Filipino horror movies (some are actually funny!)

Later!

P.S. I'm glad the moon's half full now. :) Am expecting to see Harry flying over it tonight. :)

1 comment:

cube said...

Half the fun of Halloween is the all-night horror movie marathons on many of the channels that run throughout October.

Trick or treating is just a small part of the fun.