Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Harry Becomes A Man


And the whole cast, too, actually.

I haven't been updated with Harry news for some time now. Been busy with school. I've been primed by an email from Mugglenet to go visit that world that I leave behind when I choose to live in reality. So I went to Mugglenet, and found a whole lot of new Order of the Phoenix photos.

I've seen a few in the past months, stolen shots here and there. But these official hi-res photos reveal the fact that the kids (okay, I'm not too old. I'm the same age as the guy that plays Malfoy!) are growing up fast. There's a re-run of Sorcerer's Stone last night on a local channel (because it's Halloween season). Remembering their innocent faces in that film, it's amazing how much they've matured over the years. I've literally watched them grow up, and even grow up with them.

The Weasley twins are so manly now that it's kind of hard to believe that they're supposed to play seventeen or eighteen year-olds. Still, their wacky antics are perfect for the characters. Hermione has grown beautifully. Neville's weight loss can't be denied anymore. Ron seemed to have been stretched vertically. Basically everybody's grown taller! Dan's, on the other hand, most noticeable change for me is his face. Really. He really looks like a man now (okay, almost). He used to have chubby cheeks back in SS and now...just take a look at these pictures. (Click them to view larger version)



Luna Lovegood is pretty, too. :)

Here's Umbridge in her creepy little pink office...


Three more movies to go, and only a book left to wait for...then all of this will end. Harry Potter will be over. I'm not saying that the fandom will die. No. I will forever be a fan, and so will millions of people out there. I'm just sad that there'll be nothing to look forward to anymore. What will Mugglenet do now? What will the HP Sleuths analyze?

It's hard to see the end, harder to get over it, too. I've been living in the Potter world for six years already. And I can really say that I grew up with Harry Potter. I've found my home in Hogwarts, a home where I'm just like everyone else, not some wackjob who believes in witches and flying brooms and magic. I really wish I lived there, you know? Even though there's Voldemort - the epitome of evil - residing there, I'd still take it. At least they only have one, unlike over here in reality, there are several Voldemorts who don't care about anyone else but having power.

1 comment:

cube said...

You're right. Harry doesn't boyish anymore. He's growing into his man face.