Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #1


Thirteen Songs on My Funeral



(Just click the artist's name to get to the lyrics and press the mini play button to listen to the song)

  1. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance Welcome To The Black Parade Lyrics



    I'm seriously having doubts with this song already. First of all, it's not one of my all-time favorites, although I currently love it and it seems pefect for the occasion. After some time, I'd probably slash this off my list. I guess it's just a spur of the moment thing. I don't know.

  2. Will You Wait For Me by Kavana Will You Wait for Me Lyrics



    This song was from when I was in elementary school. I was 10 or 11 then. I don't like the artist 'coz he looks gay (haha!) but this song is just so touching and the piano background is wonderful.

  3. Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely by Backstreet Boys Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely Lyrics




  4. It's just a sad sad song...I included boyband songs here 'coz hey, I'm dead. Who'd care? I have the right to be corny. I'm dead!

  5. Angel by Westlife Angel Lyrics



    I chose Westlife's version because as I said, I'd be dead by that time and I want my favorite bands, however cheesy or corny they may be, to have a part in that. This is a very moving song. The melody is just sweetly melancholic. Of course, the voice of Shane is just oh so beautiful.

  6. I Dare You to Move by Switchfoot I Dare You To Move Lyrics



    I love Switchfoot. They're a Christian band but their songs are wonderful. This is one of my favorite songs by them. The energy of the chorus part is invigorating. It's like pushing you do step up and face the world. A challenge.

  7. Until the Time is Through by Five Until The Time Is Through Lyrics



    Yes, another cheesy boyband. I didn't love this band, but they had a few nice songs and I wonder why I have two of their albums...I blame teenage hormones) This particular song, however, is special. It's a song from when I was twelve, in my 5th year in elementary. It was the height of the boyband era then. And it was when I met my closest friends. This is kind of a friends song for me. I remember that time when I listen to this song. It was such a wonderfully weird time. Lots of downs and crazy rollercoasters. It was a blast!

  8. Thank God I Found You by Mariah Carey Thank God I Found You Lyrics



    Another one of my friends song. Here, the boyband was 98 Degrees. It is a good song. I do thank God that I found my friends. Looking back now, I don't know what 'd be doing without them. We used to sing this when they hung out here in my room. ANd I remember us singing this in our class Christmas party! Embarrassing!

  9. See You When You Get There by Coolio C U When You Get There Lyrics



    I can't remember when I heard this song. All I know is I was pretty young, around 9 or ten, I think. I heard this in my brother's room. I think he was watching MTV. It's a very meaningful song. I'm not into rap/ hip-hop, but this one is good.

  10. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls Iris Lyrics




    One of the classics of my time. Beautiful piece of art.

  11. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing Lyrics




    My favorite Aerosmith song. I'm not that into their kind of rock, but this one is just...great. Moving. Awesome. It's also a friends song. Armageddon showed when I was around 12. That year was just full of...you know, thingies worth remembering.

  12. Everybody Hurts by REM Everybody Hurts Lyrics



    Heard this song way way back. Came across it again a few months ago when i was in a depressed state and searching for sad songs that aren't suicidal. It is a truthful song. It may sound sad but as the lyrics go, "Hold on.." I's nice for a funeral, right?

  13. You Belong to Me by Lifehouse You Belong To Me Lyrics



    Another favorite band. I love Lifehouse. They're a low-key band who have awesome songs. I like their sound. My favorite Lifehouse song is Hanging by a Moment but it's too upbeat for the occasion. This song however, is perfect. It's tender yet full of feeling. You can hear the emotion in the words and the melody.

  14. Let That Be Enough bySwitchfoot Let That Be Enough Lyrics



    This is my favorite Switchfoot song. It's a prayer. I was really low at this time. Like I said with REM, I was searching for sad unsuicidal songs and came across this one. It's a very simple song asking for strength to move on. It's asking for guidance when things seem hopeless. When I get really down, I just listen to this song or sing it over and over again. It helps a lot, I swear.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

first time i have read a TT about that..Glad you have given it some thought..i know 12 our of 13 songs

Jen said...

OK, I'm familiar with 9, 10 and 11.

How do you do that? I'm so impressed. I don't know how to play songs on my blog. I bow before your blogging superiority!

My (silent) T-13 is up!

Unknown said...

Welcome to TT. Very interesting concept for a TT list.

Uisce said...

I just stopped by to welcome you to TT and wish you a happy one. Great list!

DigiscrapMom said...

Although it was quite creepy to write about the 13 songs you want on your funeral, these are cool song choices.

Very unique list for this week!

Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Wow...what a combo! :) My friend, Jason, says that I have to promise him I'll play Freebird (Lennard Skynard) at his funeral. Only problem is I HATE that freaking song!

Happy Thursday!

Missy Frye said...

Wow! My friend wants Cheap Trick's I Want You to Want Me at her funeral. I've always thought I'd like Rod Stewart's Sailing played at mine. I could deal with anything by Third Day played as well.

Thanks for stopping by my list.

Debby said...

Great list! I love #11! Happy Thursday and thanks for visiting!

Barbara said...

I'd rather not think about my funeral. But, I did tell my husband NO tear-jerking songs - all upbeat!

My TT is up.

Melissa H. said...

I only know two songs on your list! But they are great songs. Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely and I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing. My hubby sang the Aerosmith song to me just before we got married. He can't carry a tune, but he's such a sweetie!

13 Things I Do to Relax

kris said...

Interesting concept...
Looove Iris and Angels, although only familiar with the Sarah MacLachlan one.
Coolio could be good too. Some of them are a bit too depressing for my taste, I don't want people to be too sad when I die, more thankful for when I was here but not wallowing in grief.

Sparky Duck said...

welcome to the clan

and Welcome to the Black Parade is perfect, to me its a song about the celebration of life.

ribbiticus said...

great selections! thanks for stopping by! ;)

Steven said...

I always wanted Basketball Jones by Cheech and Chong...

Just to be stupid and make people say..."what the hell?" ;)

Steve~

Steven said...

I always wanted Basketball Jones by Cheech and Chong...

Just to be stupid and make people say..."what the hell?" ;)

Steve~