Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

ARGH!!!!! For the love of all things techie!

Okay, I planned to be asleep by 2Am which was an hour and fifteen minutes ago. At around 1:30, as I was joyfully breezing through Issue #8 of Superman & Batman comics, there were several disturbances. One was the noticeably slow speed of the computer. When I tried to go to the next page, the computer would seize up for a few seconds. I thought it was because I was transferring files to another disk.

But then windows of Internet Explorer started popping up. That's when I knew there was trouble.

I then saw at the bottom right corner, a toolbar? Whatever that's called, there was a big red X mark. I right-clicked it and it said that my computer was infected. Great. There was this BraveSentry anti-virus software working on it so I wasn't that panicked. But when I clicked the button to remove the infected files, it asked me to buy a license.

Great. At the time of crisis, all it does is ask you to buy a license.

So I found this AVG thing which is also some sort of anti-virus. It worked well. I managed to delete the infected files. But my desktop background remained white. I clicked on its properties and tried to change it back to the Christmas tree but it wouldn't budge! I tried several times, even refreshed it several times but it stayed the same. So I thought I'd just reboot it and it would all go back to normal.

I learned that I was wrong.

I restarted the computer and it did spring back to life, only to restart again when it got to the point where the desktop can be seen already. So it just kept on restarting and restarting and restarting...

Goodness.

Why did they even invent computer viruses?! It's bad enough to have them in the atmosphere or wherever in the physical world. Why let them invade cyber space?!

I so wish we have a superhero for that.

Thank goodness for Google and Gmail or else I would lose all the pictures I have in Drive C.

2 comments:

jonsaint said...

If you have a superheroe for computer virus, what would you name him?

Miss Lee said...

Hmm. I haven't thought about it yet... at the back of my mind, I always believed that Superman can do something about it. Haha. But maybe Lex can!

Okay, so the name...

Corvax?!

Corvax the Anti-Virus?!

I suck at this!