Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2


Thirteen TV Shows I've Seen From
Start to Finish
(or until the latest episode at least)


These are shows I have watched completely, all episodes, all seasons, even specials (if there are any). It's pretty tiring being a couch potato. :)

1.
I love this show mainly because I love supernatural stuff. You know, like witches and stuff, hence my addiction to Harry Potter. I think that it's a really good show, not at all cheesy or cliched. Although there were some episodes that made me go like, "What were they thinking?!" But mostly it's a thrill to watch. Supernatural is in the middle of its second season now. I loved the first season - it's full of action. This second season has been pretty okay, but I still kind of have to get to the emotional stuff. They're really concentrating on the two boys' emotions.

Of course, Jared Padalecki is so so so adorable!
2.
Ah, the show with the most number of seasons I've completed. I enjoyed every minute of it though. This show started when I was in first year high school. I loved it because it's about a superhero, not another teen drama. Although this can be considered as one of those (it's Superman in his teens!) , it's a hundred times more exciting because here we see the struggle of someone so unique, an alien from outer space, but the most human of all. Of course, there's the allure of the superpowers, too! Especially in the fifth season, I really felt the pain of being torn - should he tell Lana, or shouldn't he? He is the strongest guy in the world, and ironically, the weakest because of his heart. The song of Five for Fighting is really true: it's not easy to be Superman.


3.
At first, I really didn't want to watch this show. Then one day I had nothing to do so I sat on for one episode... and it got me totally hooked. It's a unique story, a guy who got himself imprisoned by will in order to get his brother out. It's crazy, but really touching at the same time. I mean, loving your brother that much that you're willing to get yourself in that situation. I've said in previous posts, the plot of this show, the execution of the plans, the plans themselves... it's plain genius. I don't know how the writers came up with it. It's so intricate and meticulously planned out. it's like nothing I've seen before. Although season two is starting to bore me, I can't wait after their hiatus. The last episode showed a great deal of promise.

4.
Save the cheerleader. Save the world.

This is by far the coolest show I've ever seen. It's kind of like X-Men, ordinary people suddenly manifesting superhuman abilities. But what makes it great is that it's not just some ordinary rip-off. The characters are all connected somehow, not just because of their commonality of having "powers", but they are connected and are somehow brought together to serve one purpose (not to join the X-Men, no). They don't go around in uniforms and fly in jets. They really are ordinary people, and that's the beauty of it. You really have to see it to get what I mean.


5.
Started watching this at around the start of its second season. I used to not fancy medical drama... or any heavy drama. (That's why the OC and One Tree Hill isn't in this list...but I plan to watch those, just to see what they've got) With House, the drama isn't that suffocating because Dr. House has got an adorable sarcastic humor. Without that, this show would be nothing. He's the best doctor there is. The only challenge is putting up with him. And the characters' personalities are very different and very strong. You can really see their uniqueness, unlike in other dramas where the characters are almost identical. Summary: Dr. House is the person you'll love to hate because he's arrogant but he's always (99% of the time at least) right.


6.
Perfect example for my Sociology-anthropology class. The stranded formed a society and some sort of government to survive. There are leaders who protect the followers.

Okay, enough of the lecture. Exciting. The first word that comes up when asked to describe Lost. There's that question people with nothing to do love to ask, "If you were stranded on an island, who would you want to be with?" Well, the people in Lost would say, "not with a polar bear on a tropical island that feasts on human flesh!" This is a great show, very attention grabbing. I get an adrenaline rush while watching this. Season three is a tad annoying already. Hopefully their hiatus will bring better results.


7.
It's like the stereotype of "ugly", with glasses and braces. But I don't think Betty is ugly. She just needs a makeover and a wardrobe update. I really want to be like her, you know, working in a top magazine. That has always been my dream. She's really talented and creative and responsible and confident and intelligent and kind. I would love to be all that than be plastic anorexic barbie without a brain. I mean, all that can be achieved by plastic surgery. All the others, you have to be born with. And of course, I love Cinderella stories. :)


8.
As I said, I love supernatural stories. This is so cool and unique because the TAPS team tries to debunk and disprove the claim of "hauntings". Although I loved the show Scariest Places on Earth, in hindsight, they tried too hard to make the show appear scary with that eerie voice of that announcer dude/kid (I never really found out)... What I like about Ghost Hunters is their scientific approach to the supernatural. They really want proof if there's really a haunting or something. They show all the technical stuff - the set up, the recordings, all that. Unlike in S.P.O.N., the camera would just be there in the room, and they claim the participants are alone. Ghost Hunters is really honest with their work. I can't wait 'til the next season. I'm kind of disappointed that the third season only had 10 episodes and a live one.

9.
Amanda Bynes is just hilarious. She's my favorite female actress among the "teens" (although she's already 20). She's just natural and laid back and oh so funny. In this show, she's a bit annoying. She wants everything to go her way and bails out when everything's not perfect anymore. But it's a lovely show about sisterhood and friendship and relationships. And did I say it's hilarious?


10.
Another one to make you fart due to nonstop laughing. It's about a dad who's telling his kids about how he met their mother. The thing is, he started from the very very very beginning. It's already the second season and still we haven't met the mother! But it's worth the watch, every episode is.



11.

I was really curious about this one. Everywhere I go on the net, there's just so much hype about this program. Even on TV. So I tried watching it, and I liked it. It's different. The concept of a perfect looking street which is inhabited by people with dark secrets and shady pasts is marvelous. The acting is superb, and each episode just leaves you wanting to know what's next. Also, the voice-over thingy always manages to summarize everything in really beautiful and witty words.


12.
This is a Taiwanese show. It's pretty popular even in the west. It's about this group of four guys who are from very rich and very influential families. They're called F4 and they're actually a singing group (which is uh...whatever). So anyway, their "leader"'s family owned their school and then he encountered this girl who went against him and so the story starts. At first he wanted to bash her head in but then they fell in love but the girl is poor so his mom didn't approve blah blah blah... It's the usual Cinderella story, but this one is just...good.


13.
A Korean comedy! It's so cute and so funny! It's about this poor girl (again. easterners just love this kind of story, don't we?) who was hired by this rich guy to be his "long lost cousin" or something just so his grandpa won't die. It's kind of weird, but the girl is really really funny! Of course there's heavy drama towards the end which I didn't like much, but still it's worth a watch.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 comments:

Colleen Gleason said...

Thanks for coming by my TT!

I hope they do as well on Shrek 3 as they did on #2.

I've seen some of these shows, but not all of any of them. I live under a rock. :-)

PS There's more info about my books on my website.

Jenni said...

I live under a rock as well as Colleen :p

I've probably seen one or two episodes of 'what i like about you' and that is about it! Ha! Don't be fooled though, I love tv =D

Nice list.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I can join you on the Ugly Betty and the Desperate Housewives. Haven't seen a lot of the others though. I have 2 small kids and we get stuck with Disney a lot of the time. I could probably recite every Thomas the Tank Engine episode by heart. Makes me lame doesn't it?

Girlie said...

I see three show here that I watch.

Which is the best one of them all?

Rainbow said...

Ah HA! Now I see why you like my TT this week!!! LOL! I used to be cautious on Friday the 13th..but nah..not anymore...I don't have any control over what happens anyway. But I sure love some of these show you have listed! Did you ever watch "Six Feet Under" on HBO? It was wonderfully weird!