Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Time Card Puncher Clock Thingy Celebrates With Me

It really does!

In the morning, when the clock strikes a new hour, it does nothing. It just turns to the new hour. But when it hits noon, it sings. Seriously! It emits this really cute melody. It's like it's saying, "Wee another hour closer to chillin' at home!"

Right now I have 5 more hours to kill. I've done everything they asked me to do, and a little extra too. And now... I wait.

My boss went out with the catering crew. I have no idea what time she'd be back. I hope not before 4PM though. That way I'd have 3 more hours of total nothingness, just waiting for my downloads to be done. Honestly, DSL connection here is awesome. I've only started almost 4 hours ago and 2 are already done. If this were at home, it would've taken me all day. Argh. Okay, I'll shut up about our sucky internet connection at home.

So okay, I have this friend. She was my Theology 131 classmate. She IMed me last night and told me she was in Germany! I was like, "What the hell are you doing there?!" I thought she's on vacation. Then she tells me that she's going to be there for a whole year to study German.

Man, how awesome is that?

I dream of that. She's staying with a foster family and she has a private tutor to help her with her transition into a real German school. I mean, whoa. That's like, the stuff of romantic comedies/chick flicks!

Okay, my romantic side is coming out. I gotta shove it away again.

But really, isn't it awesome? I saw pictures of her and her foster family and their house. Her foster siblings are so adorable!!!! And their house. Actually, their bathroom is just...wow. Colorful. I dream of a bathroom like that. And they actually have a lawn! And a big one at that. And a greenhouse too!

Sigh. Maybe someday I'd be able to afford to do the same. How cool would that be?

No comments: