Happy Halloween!!!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summerslam 2008



Happens tomorrow! Yey! One more good thing to add to my lovely long weekend. What excites me most is the return of the Undertaker. Man, he's been gone what, 2 months? And those 2 months, for me, rendered Smackdown barely watchable, if it weren't for Jeff Hardy being there. Lol. The whole Edge-Vickie thing is just... bleugh. It's a really weird storyline. Not convincing at all. That's the kind of storyline that repels audience. I have several friends who used to love watching WWE as much as I do who don't anymore because they feel like it's gotten "too fake". I mean, yeah, everybody knows that everything in WWE is kayfabe. Everything's made up, even how the match ends and all that crap. But I've been watching it since I was what, 4 or 5, and I'm now 21, and I really believe that the past kayfabe-ness is more realistic. I don't know why, maybe past wrestlers are just better actors. But as I said, storylines like that of Edge and Vickie really ruin things. I mean, they did a similar thing with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, right? That was way more believable. And if I may revert to RAW, the thing with Santino and Beth Phoenix, although I think it's kinda cute, really comes across as something they're pushed into doing. Even the fake kissing looks really fake, unlike the Jeff Hardy + Trish Stratus thing which looked really natural even if it's totally fake.

Ah, this is why I want to be a creative writer. I wanna revamp the whole storyline-making process and make it as good as the good ol' days of Stone Cold and The Rock and the first DX. Those days were a hell of a lot of fun.

Oh yeah, and they're actually gonna show this in cinemas here, that's why they're not gonna have a morning showing of it on JackTV. Crap. The one time we get a Monday off with a PPV, that's the time they don't show it in the morning. I don't wanna pay 300php for this. Only Wrestlemania is worth that. Now I have to wait until nighttime to watch it. Argh. Well at least we get it for free!

No comments: