Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's 2009

This was by far the most eventful Valentine's Day ever.

So okay, I was supposed to wake up a little early to do some research for a paper but as usual, I failed to do so. Woke up just in time to take a shower and go to school to have myself measured for toga.

Afterward, I sat at my usual "hang out place" - the library steps.
There was this guy at the bottom of the steps. He had a guitar. When I got there he was just sitting silently. So I picked a spot and jammed earphones into my ears. I was actually watching videos of David Cook's AI performances. Yes, he was and still is awesome (although I miss Bo!). But after a while, I looked up and saw another guy sitting silently beside the first guy, but he was facing him. I thought, what the hell is he staring at him for? Was this a Brokeback moment? But then I took my earphones off and heard the first guy strumming and singing along.

My own semi-private Valentine's concert. :)


That's why it took me a little longer to get to J at NBS. We then proceeded to Yellow Cab. Then N arrived. So we ordered one big ass pizza and a box of pasta. Too bad they didn't have bottomless drinks. And I thought that "cut for party" means that they'll cut the pizza according to our party's size, that is, a party of 5 (before B canceled on us). But it turned out that this party cut thing meant that they were gonna cut the pizza into tiny rectangles. Which was nice because it was a change. But also because of the tininess of the pieces that I failed to realize that I've already eaten a lot. It made me think that I was only eating little.

So K came moments later, and we all enjoyed the greasy and yummy food. Of course, as we are most probably the best undiscovered comedians/comic strip characters of our time, we cracked each other up. Lucky nobody choked 'coz I've no idea how to do the Heimlich Maneuver. Pics were taken as usual, as you can see. :)

I was so ready for dessert when I got home. But then a friend of mine popped up. Problems. We spent about an hour talking and another just sitting in silence as I try to start the paper due that evening. I love her a lot and I totally sympathize with her, but I just don't know what else to do but listen and pat her consolingly. This was my "right speech". Lol. Buddha would be proud. Just kidding.

She left, and I was left alone for about 30 blissful minutes. Then another friend came, the one I texted to come over
quickly because I needed help consoling. I don't know why. I used to consider myself one of the best "shoulder-to-cry-ons". But now, I don't know. I felt awkward. It's like, I don't know how to do it anymore. Maybe I never did. But I'm glad she came to me. Maybe it's just because my house was nearest to hers. I better check up on her.

So there. Another friend came over. We were gonna go out that night. I'm single for the 21st consecutive year and I've been bombarded with schoolwork and deprived of sleep for the last three weeks. I deserved a night out. So we got to talking while waiting for our ride. We talked about the problem and what we're gonna watch that night. Then I had to entertain my cousins who dropped by. By 6:30, I was dressed up, made up, and ready to go.


We got to Greenbelt at around 7:30. First we dropped by Bayo for the discount card thingy, then proceeded to look for another friend at Timezone. Man, I've never been to Timezone in a long long time. I missed it so much. We played this basketball game for like, an hour. There's no ticket prize; we did it for the challenge. When you get to 30 pts. in the first stage, you go to the 2ns stage where you have to get to 150pts for the 3rd, 250pts to get to 4th, 350pts for the 5th, and then 450pts for the last. My back ached for two days because of that. I cramped and all.

The exercise famished us so we looked for a place to eat. Everywhere is full! Luckily there was National Sports Grill. Awesome. Their servings are ginormous but so are our appetites so that didn't matter. We ate, chatted, and laughed. Ah, my friends. I love them so much because they make me laugh. A lot.


While we were waiting for our change, this caucasian man approached one of my friends and whispered something, left a card, then left. We were all like, "Was that guy from a modelling agency?" My friend was tall and slender so it was quite possible. She was already approached to endorse MET. Lol. She has really fair skin.
Well, it wasn't a modelling agent's card. There were Chinese characters on it. I was like, wait a minute, that guy was white. Then we thought that maybe he was based in Hong Kong or something. I didn't read the card very well. When we flipped it over, there was the english version, and a little scribbled note, "Hi. I think you're cute. Let's get together. Call me."

Man, we laughed our assess off! The guy was apparently a sales and marketing person. Says so in the card. My friend wanted to throw it away, but we told her no. Since most of us are newly grads or ar about to, we could really use another company to apply to. And that is just our field. Lol. We joked about sending our resumes with her picture attached so he'd know we're friends of hers and we could set them up. Lol. But she left the card with the tips.

Too bad. The guy was actually kinda cute.


So then we stopped by the restroom and freshened up. Since the movie wasn't for another hour, Timezone again! This time I got to play House of the Dead (after waiting for like, forever, for the previous couple to finish). I love that game. I wish I had that here at home.


We went to see
Valkyrie. I wasn't expecting much since it was a Tom Cruise movie (no offense to Tom Cruise fans). It turned out to be quite good. It required absolute attention though but I didn't have a hard time giving that because it was really interesting. This is coming from me. one of the most superficial moviegoers. Make something explode and I'm happy. Lol. Okay, not really that shallow. As much as I love John Cena, and as much explosives were deployed in the movie, The Marine sucked. Anyway, I got home at around 2AM. What a day. Parang telenovela.

Oh, and the flowers are, as usual, from my dad. :)

1 comment:

Sarkar said...

heh... Im just glad you didnt like The Marine too much...