Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hello from Taiwan!

OK, it's my first time to ever go here. Not that I really dreamed of going here but I'm happy that I'd be able to add another pin on my map. 


So far it's been OK. The thing I'm most thankful for is their awfully fast internet connection. Goodness. The time it took for me to download and install the AIM messenger (about only a minute) would've been 10x slower back home. I should've brought extra disk space... Well, dear ol' Samwyn (my iPod) is here to help. Thank heavens for 160gb ipods. 

Anyway, my Chinese has been criticized several times today. I admit that I am no expert but I do understand what they're saying (most of the time). I just am kinda shy to speak it. So as a result of that, during my free time, they're gonna send me to a nearby university to study Chinese language! Wow. I spent more than 13 years of my life studying that language and it still isn't enough. Man. Well, at least I'd get to meet new people... (which I am NOT good at. Where's the silver lining again?)

I'm so glad my cousin knows how to speak in English. 

OK, I don't know what the wake up time here is so I gotta sleep a little early (by midnight - that's early for me). I'm guessing it's around 8AM, but I kinda have the feeling that my aunt will wake me up at 7AM for that live baseball game. I showed some interest in baseball while watching the news awhile ago (she offered us the remote control to switch to our channel of desire - but all channels are in Chinese! Oh except HBO, which has Chinese subtitles. And the most boring movie ever.). Apparently, baseball is really big here. They've got a Taiwanese pitcher in the Yankees, am I right? Not sure. Basta he's very good according to her. They even have a calendar with his pictures on it.

OK, that's all for now. 

P.S. They keep offering us fruits. Real healthy. But they keep on feeding us. I hope I don't gain more weight.

No comments: