Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

End of September. Time to Wake Up.

So it's the last day of September and I am still two posts away from my goal. Sigh. I know I can do this. I have lots of stuff that I wanna talk about but things just got in the way.


I am trying my best not to complain right now, not after the horrible thing that happened in this country. 

Last weekend, starting Friday night, it rained nonstop. We didn't really mind because it's been raining often the past couple of months. What we didn't anticipate was the amount of rainfall. There weren't strong winds, just a whole lot of rain. Come Saturday morning, people have started calling for help because it has started flooding and the water has started to enter their houses. Not long after, reports have been received that some houses have already been submerged completely in the floodwater. The occupants climbed onto their roofs to wait for rescue. It did not come until much later. Some have already died of the cold.

This catastrophe brought out such admirable traits from Filipinos. Instantly, donations started coming in. Those with resources such as rubber boats and big trucks and helicopters offered them for the rescue missions. Everyone else anticipated the needs and donated clothes and food. By Sunday morning, the ABSCBN foundations have gotten 20M pesos worth of goods and about 10M worth of cash. 

My family and I also pooled our resources to help some relatives affected by this. I'm still planning on giving to the charities and maybe also help out in packing relief goods.

I am one of the fortunate ones that live in a place without flooding problems. I am greatly thankful for it. And now I am feeling guilty that earlier this day I felt like I had the suckiest life on earth. I really tried my best to focus on what I have and how lucky I am that I have them. But sometimes it just... I don't know. Things get to me. No matter how hard I try to stay positive and be happy, things get to me later.

Oh well. Right now I'm over it and everything's fine again. I would like to move on and post about my favorite topics now. :)

No comments: