Happy Halloween!!!

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Dinner for Shmucks

Kinda expected real laughs from this movie, but then again, I'm not really into Steve Carell's humor. I did like Evan Almighty though.

Dinner for Shmucks... It's was fine. I get the character exaggerations for comedic purposes but some are just ridiculous and ineffective. The story was simple. Paul Rudd did alright. There was maybe one laugh out loud moment, when Zach Galifianakis and Steve Carell were battling it out during "brain control", but that's about it.

I did like the part during the dinner when one of the guests who's supposed to be able to talk to dead animals was served lobster, and she started channeling it, acting out the moment it was getting boiled. :)

I know this movie review sucks but I only write as much as the movie inspires me. 

However, here's a snapshot of a scene that's supposed to be "epiphanic":



It's interesting to look at, no?

No comments: