Happy Halloween!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Having a hard time Keeping it Secret

I'm a very considerate person. So considerate that I'm sucking out all the last bits of my self control just to keep myself from posting here the "Sirius" of Book 6 and of course, the identity of the HBP. I know some of you may already know who they are, but I'm PLEADING, please don't spoil ot for everyone else. They have the right to discover it themselves, and for us who've already enjoyed the book, we have the duty to just shut up about it. Of course, we can drop vague hints of their identities...

I badly want to read Book 6 again, I really do, because I want to write an editorial for Mugglenet. I've been forming one since I finished reading, but I just need to, you know, check infos and site passages and stuff. I've read a couple of editorials today, and well, some of their theories really did come true! And I want to congratulate the Harry-____ shippers! You stuck to the right pair! Hehehe! Me, I don't think my supported ship will ever happen. I'm a Hr/D shipper. J.K. Rowling (I just discovered that it rhymes with bowling, not howling!) has said that Draco will never have a 180 degrees turn and stick with the "good side", so I doubt he'll ever even consider liking Hermy the muggle-born.

Harry's growth physically and emotionally is very noticable in Book 6. Decisions worthy of an adult was made by him. You'll find out soon, once you reach the last chapet ("The White Tomb").

Some may find this book to be crap or boring or just not as good as the others, especially GoF. GoF was jam-packed with all the adventure and events that are, well, kind of happy. Mostly in books 1 to 3, Harry went through events with Hermione and Ron by his side. We get views of many other people's heroic acts as well as Harry's, and also their different reactions to things, that's why we find them more exciting. There are more people involved.

However, in Book 6, you'll find Harry acting alone. Yes, he still had his friends, they still did things together, but you'll see the significant maturity that has overcome him. In this book, it's all darker and a whole lot more serious. In books 1 through 3, Harry's defeat of Voldy were made possible because of outside help.

Book 1--the love that's in his skin (?) that made him untouchable
Book 2--Fawkes the phoenix and the Sorting Hat
Book 3--Dumbledore and the time turner

In book 3, he really didn't face Voldy because Voldy's got no body yet. Harry's biggest enemy there are well... the Dementors. It's only in Book 4 that he really faced the new and whole Voldy, and engaged in a battle himself, without outside help, because he was transported to a graveyard without anyone knowing. In Book 4, Harry started to feel the weight of being "The Boy Who Lived". In book 5, after losing the only person he considered good enough as a parent, and also knowing about the prophecy, the pressure was even more. And of course, give credit to hormones for his irritating and bitter attitude in OotP. 15 isn't an easy age. I remember when I was 15... (and tanda ko na pakinggan!) Ok, I don't really remember anything. 16 was harder for me.

And now, concluding my rubbish excuse of a blog entry above, all I can say is Book 6 is a transition book. It explained a lot, but left even more to explain. That's why I myself found some parts boring, but if you look closely, it's all essential to know what will happen next, or it's an answer to previous mysteries. When a teacher in class explain things, it's often boring right? So we may fins it the same way in Book 6. But JKR had to do it, and for me, it's a very wonderful book, as it gave unexpected twists and turns, confirmed a lot of theories, and really showcased what a great writer JKR is. She managed to really show the growth of the characters. I liked it because Harry isn't an innocent goody-goody anymore. He took charge. Unlike before that he had to be assisted.

Ok, I'm still not making any sense. Math long test is on my mind!

Oh well, all we could do is wait for Book 7!

No comments: