Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Weekend! Hooray!

At last! After a long effing week, the weekend has come!!! Goodbye hell week! And hello to another???? I hope not.

Yes, I promise to do my homework tomorrow.

Yesterday, my friends and I went to see Sukob. It's a Filipino horror film ( sa mga di taga-Pinas!). It's...well, okay. There are a lot of surprises but it wasn't that scary. Do I hear yelling of "The Ring Ripoff"? Yeah, kind of. What was with that crawling out the window thing? So Sadako.

After the movie, we looked for somewhere to eat. There's a whole lane of bars in GB3. People spilled out of them as the thumping music floated out their open doors. We were about to go downwhen there's this foreigner that's being chased by three security guards. And then the two companions of the first guy chased them, and then those other two guys got chased by three or four more security guards. Isn't it fun??? A live chase scene! Haha! It's actually more exciting than the movie. Eventually, the guards caught one of them (the one who looked like Justin Guarini -did I spell it right? sorry if it's misspelled!- of AI1) and was behind us on the escalator. My friends and I pressed ourselves to the side 'coz we thought they're gonna come pass us, but they just waited behind us. Ha! It was cool.

After that, we settled in Bubba Gump (after going through all the coffeeshops there; all of them were packed to the brim) and ordered desserts. We just talked and talked until about 1am. It was wonderful. I love just hanging out, you know, chilling and just catching up. Bonding. Preferably with food. Haha!

Sigh...

The other day, while I was in the car on my way home from school, I saw this guy walking on the street. I think he just got out of a jeep. He was carrying a duffel bag... colored PINK. My initial thought was like, "Hello, you're a guy and you're carrying a huge pink bag!" But then I remembered something about psychology and com100. In com100, about the celebrity culture. My uber cool prof said something about attaching too much meaning on a certain thing. In psych, it's about gender roles/equality. We impose the colors blue to baby boys and pink to baby girls. That's why when they grow up, they also have that notion to assign colors to the genders. I thought about that while we discussed it, and I thought, I'm not like that. I mean, I actually like seeing guys in pink. But then when I saw that guy with the duffel bag, the first thing I thought was...yeah, that. I realized that I'm one of those gender color specific people too. After denying it.

Yeah, go gender equality. When I give birth (okay, if) I'd ask my baby to be wrapped in white. Haha!

No comments: