Happy Halloween!!!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

About that four letter word

Here's something I recieved thru SMS from one of my friends:

Somebody once asked me, "How do you hold love?"
I answered, "With your hands wide open, your palms facing up, and with your heart ready to let go and let the other grow."
And that somebody asked, "What if it hurts you?'
I smiled wistfully and said, "Then it means you're doing it right."

I'm not really trying to say something really life changing or insightful here. I just agree that love hurts. It sucks. Well, not entirely. There's the love of your family and friends; those are good. But what I'm talking about is falling in love. It's awful. Especially if you give all your love, but that person just doesn't want you. It's just the worst thing ever, hoping that that person would feel the same way too. You keep hoping and reading into things too much, taking every little gesture as a sign of something else, some reciprocal feeling. Then you get all giddy and wide-eyed at the prospect of finally getting to him, of finally being seen as you see that person. And then you try to get closer because you assume you could, after all those little things you thought were affection, just to find yourself knocking against that same wall that is friendship, the same wall that's been blocking you, confining you in that room of his heart, the room labelled "FRIENDS ONLY".
And here's a song that is perfect for all the people out there that are in the same stand as I am right now about love, about falling in love, that love: IT'S CRAP.

Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

I'm young, I know,
But even so
I know a thing, or two
I learned, from you
I really learned a lot,
Really learned a lot
Love is like a flame
It burns you when it's hot
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Some fools think of happiness
Blissfulness, togetherness
Some fools fool themselves I guess
They're not fooling me

I know it isn't true,
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie,
Made to make you blue
Love hurts, ooh,ooh love hurts
Ooh,ooh love hurts

No comments: