Happy Halloween!!!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Back to the Cemetery

I've just been from the cemetery again this morning to sort of celebrate my grandmum's first death anniversary. Wasn't that much fun. It hasn't even been a week since I was last there. And it was another three hours of second hand smoke. I tell you, when I reach 30, I'd probably lose a lung to lung cancer or something because of that.

Anyway, the village of the dead isn't all bad. It's actually a nice place. It' s windy most of the time, which is cool because I'd rather that than scorching hot. It's also a very tranquil place. (What do you expect from the dead community right? Unless there's some psycho serial killer ghost whose afterlife ambition is to bring with him every living person that touches the cemetery grounds). It's very clean and has a nice landscaping. The streets actually have names and there are mausoleums of different sizes. My grandparents' are sort of in the Wisteria Lane of Death Valley or something. The big houses are there.

Actually, I want to be buried under the shade of a huge tree with a kick ass tombstone. Although that's a pretty tall order in this country. One reason is that cemetery real estate is really really expensive. (Dying is really expensive. We should all just opt for being shipped out to sea on a wooden raft, like in the olden times. Without the flaming arrow being shot to you and you being barbecued dead. That's like, a double death. And I'm not for cremation. I mean, you don't even know if you're going to hell or not and yet you already burned. That's like hell before hell, if you're going to hell.) So if I want a huge shade over there, I'd have to buy a huge lot, which will cost me about 3 million pesos, and I have to get that now, if I want a huge tree to be standing there by the time I die. Trees take a long time to grow that old and big.

But it is nice in my grandparents' cemetery. The grass are always well trimmed. I'd like to live in a place like that someday. Preferably with living people, you know, but of course, I'd also want to be laid to rest in a peaceful place like that.

I'm not changing my mind about that kick ass tombstone though. I'm not a mausoleum person, but I'm kind of consideering a small one just for the toilet. I don't want my future family and friends to suffer the public cemetery restrooms, which are just that dreadful. Or maybe it's just during November 1sts? Still. A private restroom is way better. More convenient, especially if you have to do a number 2. Of course, they also need a roof to jump under when it starts pouring or when the darn sun is just too hot.

Hmm. I'm gonna think about that.

Also, I want my funeral to not be that bland and ritualistic. To start it off, I want unconventional music to be played. I'm thinking of hiring a band. I've already decided on a song actually. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. I'm not into that band, but I absolutely love that song. I was also thinking about Angel by Sarah McLachlan. I don't wanna use all those cliche funeral songs, although maybe I'd use one for maximum effect (howling and tears, all that).

Hmm. I'm gonna make my funeral playlist later.

No comments: