Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!!!

I'm home!

I'm home from the province. Gawd, it's great to be back. I missed my toilet bowl so much.

I know, I haven't been active here since...Well, I just haven't. I'm sorry. It has just been a crazy semester. School's been HELL; it's the worst month of school I've ever had, and I'm looking at three more of that in just two days. They are merciless. They have no hearts, I tell ya! One week shaved off our sembreak, and now we're made to go back to school two days after the holidays! It wasn't much of a vacation for us 'cause we couldn't avoid worrying about the two papers due soon and a workshop and an ad we have to make by the 8th.

God, help us. My brain's about to explode. This is the most stressful Christmas and New Year I even had. I actually have to do research later tonight!

Anyway, I'm gonna muster up some cheeriness and talk about my holidays.

Well, as usual, on Christmas Eve we eat at my father's family's house. Frankly, it's so boring there. I talk to...my brother. That's all. There's not much for me to say there as they're all really old and I'm the youngest already. I just kept on texting my friends to keep my spirits up. Christmas money and gifts were the only highlights.

On our way home, we passed by this new attraction in Roxas Blvd. The dinosaurs! They're concrete recreations, and they're adorable! I wanted to take some pictures with them but there were too many people so we decided to go back there another time. Then my mom and I went by the church. You know, it was the only place where I felt really happy. I swear! I admit, I was a bit reluctant to go because I thought we were gonna attend mass. I wasn't exactly wearing church-friendly clothes, if you know what I mean. And I wasn't wearing shoes for hour-long standing. But then when we got there, the mass was over, although a lot of people were still hanging around; some taking pictures, others silently praying. I kneeled there with my mom and prayed. This really calm happy feeling washed upon me. It felt really nice. I felt peaceful. It was nice looking at those people having fun, little kids taking pictures with the nativity scene and stuff. It was really Christmas.

And then we got home, waited for midnight, ate Noche Buena, I opened gifts, and went to bed. What a boring boring boring night.

Christmas morning, some family came. I played with my little niece. She's adorable! I talked to my cousins and stuff. Then I slept, woke up, packed my bags 'cause we haad to leave at 3am for the province.

It wasn't much fun there either. I just slept, tried to do research, watched some movies, learned how to drive (which was the highlight), ate talaba, kind of talked with my little cousins, and became my mom's slave. She was either annoyingly chatty or just being a diva. My cousins were too young or too...different from my city girl attitude for us to really hang out. The only things I loved about going back there was getting to visit my granpa's grave after four years and getting to see my grandma again after more than a year and my aunt after four years.

And I bought a whole box of donuts!

So, New Year came. My head was throbbing 'cause I just arrived. Maybe still a little jet-lagged. I took a nap, was woken up, and got a little dizzy but had to go. There. We went back to my dad's family's house, ate, and then went home. I uploaded the pictures needed for the ad, texted my groupmates about the interview and the ad and asked about deadlines. There. Then I just waited for midnight and then we ate and then the champagne was gone and then I went back up here to watch the rest of What I Like About You which, by the way, I've just finished watching all four seasons of, and fell asleep. And then I fell back to sleep...and then here I am.

Goodness, what a bore, right?

The only warm feeling I got was when I got home and then my doggie saw me (he's really fat but a bit sick now 'cause he's old) and he barked, his tail wagging wildly and then he ran to me. Aw. He's often really weak but he was really really glad to see me. I love my doggie.

Now, I'm a bit happy 'cause I'm watching reruns of WWE. Yey! And then I'm off to gluttonland again.

On the bright side, I've got lots of chocolates, a box of donuts, ice cream, and food to last me a lifetime.

I'm happy!

Yeah.

Still, the perfect Christmas is out there. Maybe in 2007? I hope so. I'm so tired of waiting a whole year and then getting disappointed.

No comments: