Happy Halloween!!!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Looking Back On 2006

As I sit here on my bed cursing our administration for making us go back too soon, I chanced upon WWE Bottomline on JackTV which was reviewing the big events of last year.

The host (sorry, forgot his name) then went back to last year's New Year's Revolution, the one with the elimination chambers. The one where I first saw John Cena.

Yes, it was love at first sight of his bloody, bloody face.

As I've probably said in my previous posts, I've stopped watching wrestling for years... The last guys I remember being at the top of WWE (which I remembered was WWF still...so that was sooo long ago) were Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. That was back, when, 1999? 2000? Somewhere there.

Okay, enough of that history.

So there, as I watched Cena get the Master Lock and flail aroung lifelessly, I remembered the day when my love for WWE came back. I got curious again, of course, a big factor was because RAW was scheduled to come here that February. I held back from buying a ticket 'coz I already got BSB tix which cost me a fortune. But after a few more weeks of watching, I got hooked. So on the day of the second show (my bro went to the first one and told me all about how great it is), I didn't let the coup s' etat stop me from stalking to Araneta Coliseum and by a standing only ticket and watch by myself.

I'm glad I did. And I never stopped since.

Then DX got back together which was tremendous 'coz they're so f*cking crazy/cool. I missed them. Batista got back and got the Championship back. Smackdown came. The Hardy Boyz got back together (I love Jeff Hardy!). It was an amazing year for WWE. Oh, and they acquired ECW.

Seeing last year's New Year's Revolution's main event, the one that pulled me back to the WWE bandwagon, it just...made it sink in. The fact that that was a whole year ago.

That was a whole year ago.

And right now, I'm waiting for this year's New Year's Revolution to be shown.

What happened?

What happened last year? Has anything changed? Cena's still Champ. Batista is also. I'm still fat and ugly and boyfriendless and broke and Ipodless. But I'm also a year older, a year closer to graduating.

What will this new year bring?

I don't know. I haven't made any new year resolutions. I don't wanna bother anymore ;coz I always fail to keep them. I'm still wishing for a little more excitement. Something nice and surprising to happen. But maybe it's the little things that count, right? So...what were the little things?

I'm just thankful that I'm still alive, I still have my friends and family and we're still all well.

Still, I can't help but feel there's something missing. D'you know that feeling? Sometimes I get guilty for feeling that. I mean, it feels so selfish of me, wanting somehting more when I'm better off than about half of the population if this country. Why isn't this enough for me? It ought to be. I'm very blessed. I am thankful. But why is there still something that I look for?

Sigh.

I'll let you know if I've found it.

No comments: