Happy Halloween!!!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

07.07.07---> Lucky Day?

Today was supposed to be a lucky day. A lot of couples chose this day to get married because it's supposed to be lucky. Three sevens. What a once in a century thing.

I didn't even realize that today was supposed to be a special day until I heard it over the radio. I tend to forget the date.

Of course, I'm skeptical about these things, but nothing wrong is going to happen if I wait and see right? So I did.

Well, my day didn't start out great at all. i was supposed to meet my friend at the mall to watch Transformers this morning. The movie starts at 10:30 am so I set an alarm for 8:30 and for 9:00, just in case I'd fancy a 30-minute extension. I always do. And although the mall is just a 10-minute drive from my house, I still wanted to be up fairly early because I am so not a morning person so I move really really slow. But alas. The maid walked into my room to wake me up. I thought it was around 8 am because she always brings me breakfast or a cup of milk around that time everyday. Well, this was one of the days when she decided that I didn't need breakfast. I asked her what time it was. She said 11.

I would've filled up a well if I paid a quarter for every curse word I uttered that moment.

I was so embarrassed and sorry. I mean, okay, I didn't really invite my friend. I was planning on watching the movie alone but he overheard me talking to my other friend about it and he said that he'd go with me. So I agreed. Still, standing someone up like that is just really awful. I mean, if it were me, I'd be pretty upset. I sent him a text message right away, apologizing. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't reply, but he did. He was upset, but I don't know. He said he'd just eat a steak and he'd feel better. Lol. Happy food always works. Hopefully he's feeling better now.

So after that, I fell asleep again, woke up and had lunch, and fell asleep again for about half an hour. I know. I live the life of a pig. Then I got up, washed up and got dressed. I'm meeting my high school friends for badminton.

It wasn't a surprise to them that I'm late again. I was about an hour and a half late. Lol! I'm just that lazy. I mean, it's Saturday. Please allow me this time to be a sloth. Busy days lie ahead. I played a couple of sets, but they were already tired and a bit hungry, so they decided to go to the mall next door to eat. I was there for about an hour only. It was 4pm. I wanted to catch a 5 o'clock showing of Transformers so I told them that I'm heading home. Seemed like a waste of gas. Sorry, Dad. But anyway, they decided that they'd go with me to the mall near my house and they'd just have dinner there.

Traffic was heavy. We got to the mall at around 5:30 already. The movie starts at 5:50. I went a couple of floors down to buy some chips to munch on during the movie and also earphones for my mp3 player. Mine's been broken for like, a month already. I got my brother's earphones, and that broke too. Now I bought the expensive one by Sony so I'm sure that it'll last long.

Anyway, I still had to buy drinks when I got back to the cinemas but there was a line. Ugh! I was about 5 minutes late for the movie and I didn't see the very start. I'd just wait for it to come out on DVD. But it was awesome. Transformers was awesome! I remembered playing with those robots when I was little. Being the youngest, I got hand-me-downs from my brother, including toys. I didn't mind. I was a tomboy when I was young. I didn't know their names back then though. But now I absolutely love Bumble Bee!

BEE-OTCH! \m/

Optimus Prime was cool too. He was huge. I remember playing with that truck thing before. I had a hard time transforming him into the robot. They were really funny too. Funny robots. Hmm. Weird. Shia grew up huh. I remember him in Even Stevens. He still looks adorable. And Josh D. He's one big part of the reason that I wanted to watch Transformers. He's just so so hot! Fergy is so damn lucky. Anyway, I don't know. He didn't do a lot. The only cool thing he did was that motorcycle thing where he slid and shot the legs of one of the Septicons and killed it.

Did you know that the person who voiced Optimus Prime is the same person that voices for Eeyore?

So anyway, after that, I had to go home. I was thinking, maybe I'm gonna get lucky now. Maybe someone will offer free samples or whatever free stuff. Or Pizza Hut at the ground floor would suddenly give out free slices. But NO. What happened was my mom and dad kept on calling me on my mobile and I can hear them, but they couldn't hear me. So I was screaming "HELLO?!! HELLO?!!" at the mall and everybody was looking at me. Lucky, huh.

When I got home, I didn't get to eat much dinner because I was still full of the chips and Snicker bars that I ate in the movies. So now I'm kinda hungry. But my brother brought home some cold shrimp salad and it was great!

We watched Harry Potter 4, sort of like a refresher for the upcoming fifth. I'm really excited. Still made me cry a bit, that ending. Poor Cedric. I bet I'd need a box of Kleenex next week. It's Sirius this time...

So now, July 7, 2007 has gone. Still nothing. Nothing lucky or whatever. Maybe what's lucky is that my mom didn't kick my ass for not telling her I was going somewhere and watch a movie alone. But I was kind of expecting another kind of luck. Like, say, *someone* sending me a text message, just to say hi, or my long time friend who said that she's gonna hang around here yesterday, whom I waited for but didn't show up.

Well, it's official. The 07-07-07 myth was exactly that, just a myth, after all.

No comments: