Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Counting Down

I actually have something to do right now but I'm not in the mood. Haha. I'm really sleepy. It's already 4PM, which means that I've spent exactly 120 hours in this place. But I still have 2 hours to go through before I can go home and watch wonderful DVDs. I watched Meet Joe Black last night. I really love that movie. I don't know, it's just really nice and funny and weird and quirky and glamorous. And not to mention Brad Pitt. That's reason enough to go see it. Lol! But it has a unique story.

Maybe tonight I'll watch Practical Magic. I haven't seen it in a really long time and I'm glad that I found the DVD. It wasn't marked down like the other ones I bought which hurt my wallet but I had to have it's a collectible! The other ones I bought were The Craft and Beetlejuice. I know, it's all cult movies. Andthen Meet Joe Black is about Death on a vacation. Haha. Kinda twisted but I like it. I was even looking for the complete 2 seasons of Supernatural, but I decided to just wait for the whole series to end (hopefully this will be years later) so I could get the complete complete set, maybe in a special box or something. Lol.

I had my first "presentation" at work today. I hate that word. Presentation. It just drives me to panic mode. My boss went, "Okay guys, let's discuss promos for Mothers' Day. Merong ipepresent si Steph na proposal." and I went, "Ha?! Meron?!"

Of course I didn't write it down in my resume, but I have a fear of public speaking/presenting in public. I know that whatever job I'd get in the futurewould surely require that, but I really can't shake it off. At least today it was a bit informal so I just talked about what I thought of doing for that day. I wasn't really uber confident in my idea. I mean, I thought it was a pretty good idea, but all I've done so far is present ideas like those in class and wait for the teacher's reaction. If she doesn't like it, no harm done. Well, besides to my grade. But still. This time however, they're really going to implement it! What if I single-handedly cause this establishment to fall to the ground? Or if my ideas just sounded stupid? I mean, i don't know how to do costing. I don't know how much their raw materials cost. And numbers hate me so I rarely attempt to do math. I just... you know. Come up with ideas. Then I just let them look through them and see if we can implement it without going bankrupt. Another problem is that in school, we were used to making ads for big companies. But this coffee shop is tiny and can't afford all that promo jazz. So I had to adapt my thinking process into small scale business. Which sounds a bit awesome, but it just means that I have to be as cheap as possible with the freebies and stuff.

So I actually have a deadline! Banner, brochure, and shelf display announcement designs by tomorrow. Haha! And I still have time to blog, right? I've actually made 3 banner designs, 2 shelf display announcement designs too. And I still have one and a quarter hour to finish all this. And tomorrow pa. So what will I do tomorrow?

Ooooh! A staff meeting! Cool.

I'm running out of collared shirts to wear, you know. I've actually repeated some. Hopefully nobody noticed, right? I mean, I did wait two weeks before repeating. My mom's closet only has so much collared shirts, some even have missing buttons and all.

So anyway, I have to sneak-post this onto here again before my boss comes back in here.

1 hour 'til freedom and some food 'cause I'm starving and they don't give me free food or coffee here!!!

No comments: