Happy Halloween!!!

Monday, April 28, 2008

I FUCKING MISS HIGH SCHOOL

[07:13] deutzy_gurl13: hi henny!
[07:36] fudtripers: hey steph
[07:37] deutzy_gurl13: happy lunch! sorry storbo, i'm at work, really bored.
[07:38] fudtripers: you're working already???
[07:38] fudtripers: times have really passed!
[07:38] fudtripers: sa biz niyo?
[07:38] deutzy_gurl13: haha hindi pa, practicum pa lang. ayoko pa magwork noh hehe.
[07:38] deutzy_gurl13: dont worry di ka pa ganun katanda!
[07:39] fudtripers: hahaha
[07:41] deutzy_gurl13: sige nanga, magpepretend na akong nagtatrabaho. baka bigla bumali boss ko. hehe. c u soon sana!
[07:41] fudtripers: sure! inom tayo. hehehe
[07:42] fudtripers: take care

As usual, I'm really bored right now. I'm only waiting for my boss to come back so we could meet to discuss plans for Mothers' Day and stuff. I already called up Philippine Daily Inquirer like she asked me to, but they scheduled to meet with me on Friday to discuss details of their offer. Which is weird, because I just want to ask a few things about it. I guess the dude who handles that is super-kaduper busy. I'm not really sure if they're just gonna call on Friday or they're gonna go here, in person, which is really frightening because first of all, I'm already scared when I was asked to call them. I have low self-esteem like that. And for me to meet with them in person?! I mean, the questions that I prepared to ask weren't really difficult to answer. Yikes. What have I gotten myself into?

Anyway, so while my boss went back home to I don't know, have lunch and take a nap maybe, I'm taking the time to go online, check my mail, and maybe chat with a few people. And of course blog. So as usual, nobody's online this time of day. They're probably out having a fun vacation, bumming around, or like me, stuck at work in the middle of a glorious summer. The last one I'm gonna have, I might add, before I have to work for real, with pay and all.

So I found a couple of friends online, and also my high school softball coach. He's an awesome coach, and now he's also a daddy! Well, he has been for a few years now. But when he started coaching us he was single. Oh what time has done.

I've been kind of thinking about high school for a couple of days now, whenever I'm upstairs in the function room trying not to be bored. One thing I really miss about high school is softball. I like the game, but what I really miss about it was the camaraderie. The softball team was like a second family to me. We had fun every practice. Lots of memories were formed. Even though those Sunday practices resulted to my uneven skintone, I don't care, because I got a hell of a fun time every time we set out to that field. And the medals were cool too. It's just that, the team's chemistry was perfect. We were all crazy, even our coach. Which is proven by his "inom tayo" comment. Haha! He has been inviting us to go out for drinks for a long time now, but we never got the chance to. Hopefully this year it'll push through. Hmm. Maybe I should plan it.

Being in this job makes me feel really grown up, you know? Evcen though I'm not being paid and I know that I'd be out of this in a few days, I really got the taste of working for someone. It's scary because if I screw up, it's my life that's on the line. That's why I miss being in high school. One thing is that I was a teen back then, which kind of gives me the excuse to screw up. I can do whatever, not study, and still get decent grades. It's just easier that time. I can also remember being angsty and complaining how difficult everything was. I mean, yeah, Chinese subjects were a pain in the ass but besides that, I got to hang out with my friends almost every single day of the week. Now I'm lucky if I get to see them once a month.

Sigh. I'm actually working on my 100 things I miss most about high school. I'll post it soon. My boss is back and my ass will be fired if she catches me blogging during work! Or will she even care? Because I was completely staring into space awhile ago while she's beside me and she didn't even care. Whek. Whatever.

No comments: