Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

E-books addiction and stuff

This was something I was supposed to post two days ago but never got around
to doing it because
I was so very very tired and had midterms (and an ebook!)
to finish. And I needed sleep. (typed it with my phone in school while on break)


________________________________________________________________________________________

I just woke up from a much needed nap. I'm currently in the library at

my usual spot waiting for my next class to start. I have my Theo book
open in front of me, a result of my attempt to do some reviewing but I
only got as far as reading the title before I dozed off.

I wasn't able to sleep last night. My body clock hasn't shifted back to
the proper time yet, although I think today has jolted it to accuracy.
I plan on going to bed early tonight: 9pm or 10, right after I finish
the last few pages of the e-book I'm currently reading.

Ah, the e-books. I've started on the romance novels as I mentioned before. I'm
a bit hesitant to read the good books like Stephen King's Salem's Lot
as an e-book because I'd rather have a hard copy but if I don't find a
second hand one soon then I'd start on it (brand new books are too
expensive to buy in bulk). Anyway, I wasn't one fill my book cabinet
with romance novels. I own a total o 3 (unless Kristin Hannah's works
are considered as those, then about 5-6. And if Nicholas Sparks is also of that genre,
then I have more
romance novels than I realized. I consider him a drama writer though.)
I knew of these romance authors from high school friends so when I
succumbed to boredom a few days ago and opened my first romance ebook,
I didn't think I'd find them quite entertaining.

But I did.

Not that they add anything to my intellectual value. Maybe they did. Now I
know Viking gods live in Valhalla where time almost stands still. I
never knew that before. But their stories are always the same: guy and
girl meet, fall in lust, have sex, more sex, and even more sex, fall in
love, have more sex, and live happily ever after while having more sex.
Same old framework, virtually no character development, predictable
outcome, yet what draws me in is the kilig factor.

I'm a sucker for kilig stuff (which is why I liked the Twilight book). It's so cute when
they at first hate each other then fall madly in love with each other
then vehemently deny what they're really feeling and then give in to it in the end. It's just
adorable when they fight. Like, aw. Sapakin ko kayo eh, you love each
other naman, deny pa.

So what I'm reading now is The Raider by Jude Deveraux. Her velvet series
is very good. I now want to be a Montgomery bride. Lol. This current
book is one of her other Montgomery series, descendants surely of the
ones in her Velvet series. All I can say is, damn, Montgomery boys are
freakin' perfect. Haha. Well not actually totally perfect but...they're
just all unbelievably hot. Tall, muscular, with beautifully expressive
eyes.

Sigh.

I just realized what attraction Sam Winchester holds
for me. I've never really been able to explain why I like him instead
of Dean who's so obviously the pretty one. It just dawned on me that
Sam is actually kind of a romantic hero figure. He fits the description
of a Montgomery man completely (except that he's probably gonna be evil
and have to face Dean in the end, a subject I will pursue later).

No comments: