Happy Halloween!!!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Today

Well, I got up a little late (well, for my usual standards, 8:45AM is EARLY. But of course, here it's like, midmorning already). I waited for my brother to knock and drag me downstairs for breakfast. Figured that he would while I was still in the bathroom but no. Then while I was taking a bunch of quizzes a knock did come but it was from my aunt. She said a whole buncha stuff. The only thing I got from it was "Come with me, we're going ___ (basta somewhere)." So I went.


Turned out she wanted me to eat breakfast in the car on the way to the market. As in a wet market. I've only been to a palengke back home like, once or twice, and that was when I was much much younger. But the palengke here is awesome. It's super clean and doesn't smell and there are all kinds of crap!

Okay, if my friends are reading this, they should be excited because I bought them all kinds of crap. Seriously. This country manufactures crap like no other. The crap I'm referring to are cute semi-useless things. They have tons of stuff here and fancily-packaged food and stuff. Seriously. We even found black cotton swabs!!! That's actually HELLO KITTY black cotton swabs! I really don't know why they love Hello Kitty so much. That kitten's everywhere.

Anyway, tonight my bro and I walked all the way to a McDonald's nearby. He figured that since there's a McDonald's there, there could be a good place to look around in. Turns out there wasn't so we walked back and on the way checked out a public park. He couldn't resist a restaurant and ordered a beef meal. People here are big on vegetables. That doesn't surprise me because fruits and vegetables here taste so AWESOME! They're all so fresh and organic. It's like their soil has supernatural abilities or something.

So anyway, we got home at around 10:30. Kinda late. Had to dash up here to my room to prevent them from seeing a couple of breads we bought. We have to sneak food in here because my aunt is such a health buff. She doesn't believe in soda drinks (but she doesn't drink water! what kind of health buff is that???) and of course junk food. And since she cooked us a delicious dinner it's kinda offensive to her to see us with more food, as if she doesn't feed us enough. She does. She stuffs us with all kinds of food. If only those aren't perishable I would definitely take a whole lot of them back to my mom and my friends. They're so fancily made! Like this morning she gave me this pao made of rice and inside are some beef bits I think and chopped veggies. Really good. She said my grandma loved eating that. And also we always have soy milk. There's instant coffee but she buys us soy milk. It's good.

So okay, I've forgotten to bring the camera with me everytime we went out today so there aren't any pics yet. Oh and I forgot to mention that we went to a mall called Sogo and ther's a Hermes and Chanel and Louis Vuitton store there but we didn't go in 'coz we're dressed like crap and my hair is messily tied up because I didn't wash it this morning since it's cold and all. We wanted to take pictures though at the outside of the LV building but... it's too fancy. 

Fine. I'm going to bed now. Or a little later. Basta. 'Til next post.

 

No comments: