Happy Halloween!!!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Jeffrey, I Hate It That You Left

"Yours truly, Jeff Hardy;
Ours truly, this life."

~Jeff Hardy, Smackdown Sept. 4, 2009 episode

He did really leave. For a moment I thought he changed his mind and signed another contract. I expected him to just disappear after SummerSlam. But he showed up the week after in SmackDown and I was ecstatic. It turned out that it was just a closure thing, to say goodbye. I don't know; I'm torn between wanting to see him just a little longer and just abruptly cutting him out like yanking off a bandage quickly.

Anyway, it was a pretty nice goodbye. I did not get emotional though. I thought I would have. I mean, I cried when Rick Flair left and I wasn't even a big fan of his. Well, I guess it's because he's a legend. But Jeff is well on his way to becoming one, if only he stays a little longer next time. But no, I'm not going to join any petition asking him to come back. He needs to relax and regroup. After everything that happened to him last year, he deserves a good, long rest. Of course, he should get himself checked out. All those Swanton Bombs from extreme heights surely had some significant impact on him. How can he not have broken bones?!

So SmackDown lost another Superstar. But The Undertaker is back. Right now, he alone is the reason I watch SD. Oh, scratch that. Him and John Morrison. That guy is becoming really really good. His match with Rey Mysterio where he won the Intercontinental Championship was seriously acrobatic! I think they're building him up to be the next Jeff. Hmm. He is skilled enough but he lacks the charisma. I don't know, Jeff has this thing that just makes you pay attention to him. Is it the hair? I don't know. I miss him though.

No comments: