Happy Halloween!!!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

System Restore

System Restore: Restore your computer's settings to a time when everything was working properly. Some recently installed programs might be erased. -Sana pwedeng i-system restore ang buhay paminsan noh? Thing is, will you be willing to erase the "recently installed" people sa buhay mo and the memories that come with them just so you could go back to a time when everything seemed fine? (sorry, ayaw mag-boot ng comp ko kakainis!)

Posted this on Twitter and FB. Wala lang, I was actually OK that time. I was rebooting my brother's desktop one night and it was displaying some error message. It then showed the "system restore" option, informing me that by doing this, I could go back to a time when the system was working properly. It also warned me that when I click OK, recently installed programs will be erased.

I did not click OK. I got it to work fine though after another reboot.

Anyway, that whole "system restore" thing got me thinking: what if I can do that in real life? When everything feels wrong, I just hit that button and go back to a time when I was completely happy? Or to a specific fork in the road of my life and choose the other path?

Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

But there's a catch.

All of the people (and here, people are the programs installed into one's life) that you knew after that fork in the road will be erased from your life, including the memories that you made with them.

Admit it; there are indeed people you've recently met that you wish you never have. They may have hurt you severely, made your life a living hell, or just annoyed your day - there's that someone you want erased from your history.

On the other hand, there can also be people whom you've known for only a few months but then... You already cannot even bear to imagine life without them. The question is, would you be willing to let go of these people just to go back to that longed for moment in time?

And how are you supposed to know which point to go back to? It is highly tempting to give in to weakness and pick a point where there's still that "someone" and everything's a little bit better, but it's a point that's past that crucial fork in the road, which makes the whole system restore thing useless.

Ah, such a dilemma, isn't it?

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: